FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Back from the U.P.  (Read 913 times)

icecleate

Back from the U.P.
« on: Sep 27, 2014, 07:39 PM »
Got home from the U.P. Friday. Fished South Manitique lake. We did not catch 1 walleye all week. We did catch around 20 bass and somewhere around 150 small pike. we talked to one resort owner and he said the eye fishing has been bad the last year or so. The DNR want to make it a trophy musky lake and stocked 6500 musky fingerlings in it last year. We had good weather for most of the week. First three days we only saw 1 other boat fishing. The next couple of days it increased to 5 boats. The locals were letting us know the fishing for eyes was going to be slow. Well it is time to start finding the Indiana eyes!

abishop

Re: Back from the U.P.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2014, 09:37 PM »
Mark, planning a trip over to Bass in the next few days. Haven't been out in a couple months.

icecleate

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2014, 09:41 PM »
Mark, planning a trip over to Bass in the next few days. Haven't been out in a couple months.
Good luck Al!  I would start at the same place we fished this spring. If that does not work I would then move to the shallower breaks. Let me know how you do

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2014, 07:35 AM »
Al, sorry the eyes in the UP weren't hungry. Up at Fortune they are pretty much gone as they won't reproduce naturally and state quit stocking them.
Go get em here in Indiana.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.