FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A good day  (Read 4884 times)

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
A good day
« on: Mar 10, 2004, 07:18 PM »
What a way to top off a good day.  11 Walleyes and then this 42.5" musky.  I cast a husky jerk downstream from the creek mouth and slowly cranked it back against the current.  The fish slammed it and I landed after a great fight.  I caught him using a medium light action spinning setup, and 12 lb test fireline.  After I released him, I left.  I could not figure out a way top that last cast.  ;D

vancouvercanuck

Re: A good day
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2004, 10:12 AM »
That's the dirtiest fish i've ever seen. :D :o
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Cider

« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2004, 10:35 AM »
Awesome fish!  It's always best to leave when you're ahead.  The only thing that could top that is a tumbler full of bourbon, a fine cigar, and a whole bunch of people to tell the tale to!

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2004, 07:01 AM »
He was beautiful and clean when I first landed him.  But I was the only one there and I had to lay him on the ground to get a picture.  Darn thing kept flopping in the mud and leaves.  My only regret was not getting a picture from the other side to show his back and coloration better.  Oh well  ::)

I guess I'll just have to catch another one...

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2004, 07:07 AM »
Maybe tomorrow you'll hook a bigger one, and I'll be there to take the pic...or vice versa!  I meant to ask you, does your camera have a timer where you can set it down, aim it, then get a pic with you holding the fish?  You might have had some time to clean the fish off and hold it up for your camera that way.

I realize the bank that you were at was pretty muddy, and expensive digital cameras aren't something that one should take lightly and put down on the mud.  But, maybe a stump...

grumpymoe

« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2004, 09:41 AM »
bourbon??? did somebody say bourbon??? nothing finer than a glassfull over crushed ice after a good day of fishing. now lets ask this question: what is your favorite brand of bourbon, and why???  grump

Cider

« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2004, 09:59 AM »
Hey grump - does it have to be just one brand!?!  I don't know if I can do that.

My go to brands for general purpose use would be Jack Daniels or Jim Beam (both black label).  I am not a bourbon critic, but I like the ruggedness of these two.  They have a good finish and aroma.

I also like single barrels like Woodford Reserve, Maker's Mark, and Jim Beam small batch bourbons (Knob Creek and Booker's).  My other favorite whiskey is Irish blends.  I really like Black Bush from the Bushmills distillery.

Of course these are all enhanced when accompanied with a good Montecristo, Cohiba, or Romeo & Juliet!

grumpymoe

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2004, 10:17 AM »
ohhhh man  we gotta get together some day for fishing.  ;D ;D ;D grump

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2004, 03:12 PM »
Now that sounds like my kind of fishing  ;D

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2004, 01:23 PM »
2 words   BEER!!!!!!!!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2004, 04:19 PM »
2 words   BEER!!!!!!!!

You may have had a few too many already, that's only one word!  LOL!!! ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2004, 07:32 PM »
LOL!  ;D

fastribs85

« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2004, 05:30 AM »
hey until im 21 just give me a soda
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2004, 01:25 PM »
I was fishing with Fatboy, Genz Man and Icefishinfool Saturday, only I was fishing from a kayak.  I caught 13 walleye, a musky and a snagged carp.  It was tough taking pictures from the kayak, but here are a couple:

Musky

Another shot of the Musky

Walleye

I did most of my damage on a 6" husky jerk around 7:30-9:00 AM.  I've now caught 69 walleye and 2 musky since March 1st.  Man, I wish I'd done this well on our Canada trip!

icefishnfool

« Reply #14 on: Mar 16, 2004, 08:09 PM »
hey otter ...........we gona get em again this weekend ?........or do you want to go to Erie for Steelies with me ?.....Mark Sirko ,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.