FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: rude fisherman last night  (Read 7943 times)

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: rude fisherman last night
« Reply #15 on: Jul 10, 2020, 08:03 AM »
Here in Indiana it's Conservation Officer, in Maine it's a warden, and apparently in New Hampshire is an EPO (Environmental Police Officer.)

No, in NH we call them Fish & Game, but nationwide they all sorta fall under the category of Environmental Police Officer.

filetandrelease

« Reply #16 on: Jul 10, 2020, 08:31 AM »

Here it’s ECO environmental conservation officers
 We just call them the guys in green, (GIG)

seamonkey84

« Reply #17 on: Jul 10, 2020, 08:45 AM »
Not sure how it is in other states, but yea here in Maine, game wardens have more power than the police. They are same as the police across the state as law enforcement, plus fish and game and off-road vehicles, and can go onto a property without a warrant.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Jul 11, 2020, 07:42 AM »
Fishhogger is right. They want you to think they can search without a warrant but it's not so. There was a court case that cleared that up. Spangler vs. something.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Jul 12, 2020, 12:57 PM »
Not sure how it is in other states, but yea here in Maine, game wardens have more power than the police. They are same as the police across the state as law enforcement, plus fish and game and off-road vehicles, and can go onto a property without a warrant.

Also probably the most publicly defamed group of "police" out there.  Not sure how much you've followed your own warden service but they've been caught acting outside of the law many times.  Most notably illegally stopping out of staters on 95 if they suspected they had hunted in the state.  The list goes on and on, to a point where when your local news outlets investigated their freedom of information act were ignored.  Its quite interesting how far their overreach has stretched.  So far that someone that lives there thinks its common place for officers to violate their civil rights.  Do they do it, yes they do.  I've had it done to me.  Doesn't mean it's right and those types of behaviors are why police everywhere aren't being seen in the best light. 

seamonkey84

« Reply #20 on: Jul 12, 2020, 02:34 PM »
Oh our warden service has their scandals. Breaking the laws while under cover to get a conviction on someone else was a darkly recent one. I think that’s the reason The show north woods law moved out of Maine. As for searching property, no they can’t enter a home, but they can practically ignore no trespassing signs or crossing fences without a warrant. It is just ripe for corruption and overreach, as anything outdoors or if you have a pond on your property (No stocking without permit) is reasonable cause enough to them. Checking a freezer that was in a open garage is definitely a stretch, that one went through the courts too.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

filetandrelease

« Reply #21 on: Jul 12, 2020, 04:20 PM »

Oh hell long as there is a big movement on defunding let’s include all forms of law enforcement, remember they are human to and it’s not a perfect system but it’s better than none ,

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #22 on: Jul 12, 2020, 04:37 PM »
Sort of like which came first, the chicken or the egg. 
Do we get rid of all the laws and then those that enforce them, or the other way around? Either way WE all loose....h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #23 on: Jul 12, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Sort of like which came first, the chicken or the egg. 
Do we get rid of all the laws and then those that enforce them, or the other way around? Either way WE all loose....h2l
  True , it will never be a perfect world
 Defunding hasn’t really gotten under way and look at the rise in crime in the last month ,

Jethro

« Reply #24 on: Jul 13, 2020, 09:58 AM »
Also probably the most publicly defamed group of "police" out there.  Not sure how much you've followed your own warden service but they've been caught acting outside of the law many times.   

If I understand correctly, that is why there is no more reality show with the Maine IFW. A bunch of them in the northern half of the state were into some real shady stuff, poaching and drugs.. at least that's what I heard, but you hear a lot of rumors... 

lowaccord66

« Reply #25 on: Jul 13, 2020, 12:40 PM »
If I understand correctly, that is why there is no more reality show with the Maine IFW. A bunch of them in the northern half of the state were into some real shady stuff, poaching and drugs.. at least that's what I heard, but you hear a lot of rumors...

Dig deeper.  Not rumors.  Actual department emails highlighting misconduct.  Some of which the media struggled to get released despite numerous requests via FIA.

I'm not against enforcement for the record.

taxid

« Reply #26 on: Jul 13, 2020, 05:10 PM »
Dig deeper.  Not rumors.  Actual department emails highlighting misconduct.  Some of which the media struggled to get released despite numerous requests via FIA.

I'm not against enforcement for the record.

Me neither and I have two nephews that are LEO's. But there are some real pieces of work in the field that cop an attitude (pun intended), and think they can get away with things because of their position. When I was studying to be an RN a guy in my class had been an LEO. He said he became one because he loved to give people a hard time. A real jerk.

A couple of years ago my mother, in her 80's, had a bad fall bleeding profusely from her head. The EMS came so fast my dad had trouble getting dressed fast enough to join her. (I was on vacation in Mass). He jumped in his car and tried to catch up to the ambulance and was pulled over for speeding. The officer (has a local reputation of being a dick) stopped him for speeding, and seemed to enjoy detaining my dad even after my dad explained why he had been speeding. He made some stupid comment about thanking him for his service (my dad has a Special Forces plate on the front) and finally let him be on his way. One of my nephews said the guy is the mayor's son and is trying to build up  a resume to get hired into a larger city.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #27 on: Jul 14, 2020, 07:49 AM »
I have stories for days Cecil.  Illegal stops, tickets for no reason.  I got lucky one time in NY after being stopped for (ready for this) having a day time running lamp out, during the day.  Thankfully the female officer seemed to like me and "let me off the hook".  I was speaking with my towns resident trooper the other night.  He said if he had his 20 he'd retire.  Its bad out there for good cops.  The bad ones have made their job extremely dangerous. 

filetandrelease

« Reply #28 on: Jul 14, 2020, 08:28 AM »

People have also made it hard on some officers by not obeying a lawful order
 Good and bad in all walks of life
 I cringe every day when I look at the Numbers of shootings across the country
 Officers are retiring at an alarming rate And I dont blame them

Jethro

« Reply #29 on: Jul 14, 2020, 09:36 AM »
I have stories for days Cecil.  Illegal stops, tickets for no reason.  I got lucky one time in NY after being stopped for (ready for this) having a day time running lamp out, during the day.  Thankfully the female officer seemed to like me and "let me off the hook".  I was speaking with my towns resident trooper the other night.  He said if he had his 20 he'd retire.  Its bad out there for good cops.  The bad ones have made their job extremely dangerous.

Those punks with those d**n lowered Hondas... upta no good!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.