FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: If you had to use one fly ?????  (Read 16438 times)

pa.bob

• ready for ice
Re: If you had to use one fly ?????
« Reply #30 on: Mar 13, 2009, 04:42 PM »
without any doubt a beadhead pheasant tail  :thumbup_smilie:
got a hatch?

Drifter_016

« Reply #31 on: Mar 13, 2009, 04:45 PM »
Black or Purple Woolly Bugger.  :D

geothefisher

• OPEN WATER!
« Reply #32 on: Mar 17, 2009, 07:40 PM »
Count me in on the black wooly bugger.  I have caught everything on them.  Bass, trout, walleye, crappie, gills, perch,  it is my "go to" fly when all else fails!
It doesn't matter if you are trolling, casting, drop-shotting, flipping, pitching or jigging.  Just as long as you are FISHING!!!!   NAFC Life Member

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #33 on: Mar 24, 2009, 06:40 PM »
if i had only one fly and had to live on what i caught ...... a muddler minnow!  i have  fished it unweighted  during caddis hatches and  as  a hooper  imitation  caught fish ,i have  fished it weighted  as a streamer and caught everything from brookies  to steelhead on it ,i have drifted it like a nymph and caught fish feeding on crayfish. i have caught  bass bluegill trout salmon steelhead  and even salt water fish on it . it's just a fly that works
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

flyfish_tfo

« Reply #34 on: Mar 24, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Toss up between the woolly bugger and the marabou muddler

geothefisher

• OPEN WATER!
« Reply #35 on: Apr 10, 2009, 02:09 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I tie in a little flash in my tails on my wooly buggers.  Sometimes a little sparkle helps!
It doesn't matter if you are trolling, casting, drop-shotting, flipping, pitching or jigging.  Just as long as you are FISHING!!!!   NAFC Life Member

icedflies

« Reply #36 on: Apr 22, 2009, 03:14 PM »
I basically fish two flies.  The special... which is a royal coachman variation. and the Meat Whistle.. a John Barr fly.  I'm getting better at tying it... and getting better at fishing it.  So far it has got me... Rainbows, Browns, Brookies, Salmon, Pike and a bass.  Finding the hooks at stores is next to impossible around here.

fishman31

« Reply #37 on: Jun 09, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Cream Cahill!!  This fly has never let me down. Evenings on the Battenkill are the best!
Nathan
Team Panfish Persuaders
NEIT

coppersteve

« Reply #38 on: Jun 11, 2009, 10:48 AM »
gold ribbed hares ear for me. I know it's probably me, but I have yet to catch anything on a bugger...

Spin

« Reply #39 on: Jun 20, 2009, 12:09 PM »
    I fish streams and frog water, cold and warm water species and hands down the Beadhead Woolly Bugger
would be my choice if I had to pick the one fly that I had to limit myself to. Takes Brookies to King Salmon, Bluegills to Esox - the most widely successful fly ever invented.

Spin

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #40 on: Jun 22, 2009, 07:15 PM »
i would either fish a size 10 elk hair caddis, or if it's a stream that runs through a meadow, a joe's hopper. if there's brookies then definitely the hopper.

jjsji

« Reply #41 on: Sep 23, 2009, 08:09 AM »
Kelly Gallup's Sex Dungeon.  Works on large trout, bass, 'eyes, Steelies, Pike and muskie.  What a great fly... and I love the name.
I like to fish with St. Croix rods www.StCroix.com and Hair Jigs by www.jjsjigs.com.

Edm87

« Reply #42 on: Mar 14, 2010, 09:57 PM »
Bead head hares ear or a wooly bugger its a toss up

mongosmash

« Reply #43 on: Mar 16, 2010, 02:38 PM »
me i think i would use a # 10 hook tied Clouser style with small bead chain eyes and a gray or black top strap. those two colors have produced for me a lot. I'll throw them at almost any fish with on hesitation, i love the Clouser fly.
tight lines and wet flies

troutaddict33

« Reply #44 on: Mar 16, 2010, 02:59 PM »
black beadhead wooly bugger with a bunch of silver flash   or    black nosed dace

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.