FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Mighty Muddler  (Read 3587 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
The Mighty Muddler
« on: Apr 23, 2010, 07:40 PM »
How many variations of the Muddler do you fish?

I was just at the bench tying some very simple #12 Muddlers for early smallmouth and bluegills in the stream near my house.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Mighty Muddler
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2010, 03:57 AM »
No one ties Muddlers ???

Lets see some patterns.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

BBK

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 08:19 PM »
To be honest RG, I dont even know what a muddler is. I've only been fly fishing for a year and havent quite figured out the patterns yet. I just tie on what looks good and seem to limit most days.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 12:37 PM »
Oh well :-\

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 12:47 PM »
RG, I fish with 2 different color patterns, only been fishing with them a couple of years and have managed to catch a couple of trout on them.Thank you for mentioning BASS fishing with them, I will give it a try. Trapper would be your man on those muddler flies, PM him!!!! Good luck!!--KP :)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 07:20 PM »
Colors are one thing, tying styles are another. Last year my biggest smallmouth came on a muddler that was tied shaggy and dubbed rather than wrapped with mylar, It had a red tail and green grizzly for the top fin. A one of a kind. I was just wondering how many other tyers play with that pattern.

Rg

CoreyL302

« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2010, 11:12 AM »
I've tied alot of colors but yellow and grey have been the best  :thumbup_smilie: Muddler= Many Brown trout attacks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.