FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Resi report  (Read 4959 times)

bherr24

Re: Resi report
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2018, 11:46 PM »
Made it over sunday afternoon and found the water to be still quite muddy. This was at slocum i never made it to red bridge area. Level was nearly 3 foot over pool as well. I did catch 15 to 20 crappie...all small.  They were only 3 foot deep or so and right up next to the bank. Couldnt buy a bite anywhere else.

Bobber Watcher

« Reply #16 on: Dec 26, 2018, 07:56 PM »
Managed a few today at Red Bridge. Most were small but I brought home enough for a fry. Minnows under a bobber about 2 foot or less about 5 yards off the bank. Fish had small egg sacks. Water was still stained at best.

bherr24

« Reply #17 on: Dec 26, 2018, 10:08 PM »
I was there today as well...fished near the marina. Lots of small crappie me and my buddy only had 2 keepers a piece. We just gave them to another fisherman when we left. Have had to do a lot of sorting so far at missy..seems to be an abundance of dinks. Talked to a guy who said he did pretty good on the other side of the bridge. May try there this weekend unless the rain tomorrow muddies the water more then what it already is.

Bobber Watcher

« Reply #18 on: Dec 27, 2018, 09:10 AM »
I was on the Marina side towards Pearson Mill. Managed a few 11s and one 12.. threw back lots of small ones. I worked hard for a fish fry but it was a beautiful day.

bherr24

« Reply #19 on: Dec 29, 2018, 07:41 PM »
Finally got into the bigguns today. Took my 10 year old son over and we hammered em. We kept 24 but near the end i was releasing solid keeper sized fish..already had enough to clean. Several 12 inch fish today. Still had dinks to sort through but not like it had been. Water had cleared up by red bridge compared to a few days ago.

Spooled85

« Reply #20 on: Dec 29, 2018, 08:36 PM »
That's awesome ! Way to go ! No better way to pass the time till she caps over

Bobber Watcher

« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Looks like it’s going to be awhile again...hope to see you all on the ice.

bherr24

« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2018, 04:53 PM »
Yep going to get muddy. I may try to sneak in one more trip tomorrow and stay up closer to the dam. If nothing else could always hit the spillway. I took a buddy over yesterday and we put together a nice mess for him but the bite was a lot slower then the day before. Saturday was a great day for numbers and size.

bigr

« Reply #23 on: Jan 02, 2019, 08:56 AM »
It was a good two week holiday break from work. Fishing was excellent on the Missy every time I made it out at various spots. Lots of fish and always mixed in some very nice size up to 13+, most the keepers ran in the 10 to 12 inch range. Waters are up and muddy and will take several days to get right again. I need a short break anyway. I would like to see some ice come on and we still have plenty of time but won't happen anytime soon. Reports from others that fished the Sally say she gave up about the same results, lots of sorting to get a good mess of larger fish. I don't mind catching lots of small fish as long as I see some bigger fish as well. Watch the corp site for levels and as always i'll try to keep you all informed. Happy New Year

bherr24

« Reply #24 on: Jan 02, 2019, 10:23 AM »
I went over yesterday..water was already up 6 feet but clarity was good up near the dam. The bite however was not. Caught 6 fish no keepers. Went by red bridge it was mud with debris floating in the water.  It will be a little while now for lake side..i may try the spillway a time or two to pass the time especially with some of the warmer days i seen comin in the forecast.

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2019, 01:57 PM »
Question for those who fish eyes in spillways.  I catch eyes for a short period below a couple of spillways in the spring while they are running and in spawn mode.  My question is, will fish move up when there is increased water flows even if we are not nearing the spawn?  I have never tried any other time but spring, but with the lack of ice and the boat in storage I was thinking of giving it a shot.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.