FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Bowmans Creek  (Read 2231 times)

Jigwiggler

Bowmans Creek
« on: Jun 18, 2004, 07:52 AM »
Hey guys, Bowmans has been getting alot of talk on the North Branch page so I thought I'd start its own thread.

On tuesday I hit Bowmans creek for a combination swimming/fishing trip.Caught three small trout on waxies, and missed a bunch.Trout were surfacing everywhere, and only wanted flies.Good luck, everybody!
Suskymuskie,
What part of Bowmans were you fishing?
Suskymuskie,
What part of Bowmans were you fishing?
We fished from the bridge below Sugar Hollow all the way up to the Rest stop.Its a really nice stretch.Some kids were swimming in my favorite holes, so we skipped a lot of spots.
Hey Suskymusky   Can you walk all the way up to the rest area from sugar hollow road? I never fished down there. I've hitting the fly strech since the river's been so muddy.  Doing real well with caddis fly's.
Jim,

Those Bowman trout have been ( and still are ;D) taking a liking to Blue Quills but are changing over to Trico's as of the last week.
   Josh isent it a little early for the Trico yet???  Blue quill's I havent fish with them for about 25 year's. I guess I'll dig way down in my box and find some.

Jim,

I just talked to the guy who has been fishing Bowmans.  He got 3 nice trout and lost 2 yesterday on Trico's.  He is fishing there now and if he stops on the way back I'll post a report.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

suskymusky

Re: Bowmans Creek
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2004, 05:28 AM »
jigerjim, you can walk the creek all the way up.We park by the Sugar Hollow diner and walk up. The sand and gravel pit is posted, so we don't park there.
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.