MFF US Northeast > Massachusetts

Green crabs

(1/2) > >>

ICEHOLE:
I posted in the salt water section but I realized after it's a dead section of the boards and hasn't been used in years so I'll post here.
Just wondering if anyone on here traps their own green crabs for tautog fishing? Most curious about when i can actively start catching them? I generally dont get Into the tautog from shore until  mid May. Can I assume that's when the green crabs move in too? I have a "crayfish" trap that will do the trick I think. Excited for the up coming season to start!

lowaccord66:
Na.  Easier to flip rocks for asian crabs and scoop those up.

ICEHOLE:

--- Quote from: lowaccord66 on Mar 29, 2024, 06:31 AM ---Na.  Easier to flip rocks for asian crabs and scoop those up.

--- End quote ---
any idea when they move in? Can I assume the Tog follow them into the shallows around May?

stripernut:
I am not an expert on Tog, but I believe they come in shallow early to spawn.

lowaccord66:

--- Quote from: ICEHOLE on Mar 30, 2024, 08:25 AM --- any idea when they move in? Can I assume the Tog follow them into the shallows around May?

--- End quote ---

I typically get them in the fall before the water cools off.  Id imagine there'd be some under rocks in may.  I dont believe thats the reason they go shallow but cant confirm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version