FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sally and Missy Report  (Read 8865 times)

bherr24

Re: Sally and Missy Report
« Reply #30 on: Apr 17, 2017, 10:53 PM »
Good to hear Bobber watcher.  My cousin went to the same spot today and said he caught a ton of em but not as much size to them today. Another friend of mine went to the spillway though and limited out on some decent eaters.  I was unable to get over there today but made it out to the eel river here in logansport tonight for a quick outing after dinner and caught my personal best smallie of 4.5 pounds, so it was a good day.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #31 on: Apr 18, 2017, 05:05 AM »
With everyone taking home the big crappies and not releasing them to spawn why would one expect to catch bigger ones next time at a spot?

Jig_Head

« Reply #32 on: Apr 18, 2017, 06:49 AM »
That's a great smallie bherr24! I got a 4 lber outta lake michigan 2 weeks ago

indianahooker

« Reply #33 on: Apr 18, 2017, 07:01 AM »
true crusher34, i am sure you can fish it down as you suggest, but they do move around and grow a next generations.  has it been a free for all down there lately?  

indianahooker

« Reply #34 on: Apr 18, 2017, 07:03 AM »
great smallie bherr24! congrats!  you caught it on what?

bherr24

« Reply #35 on: Apr 18, 2017, 08:35 AM »
I caught it on a 3 inch white power grub on a 1/8th oz head. I will try to get a pic of it up later. I released the fish as i believe the eel has a bigger one in it somewhere but i did contemplate putting the pretty thing on the wall. Crusher we released an easy limit of nice fish sunday and there were nice fish caught yesterday by other guys in the same area. Spare me your bs i seem to recall u filling u ur sink a few years ago with big crappie, no??

bigr

« Reply #36 on: Apr 18, 2017, 08:50 AM »
From my many many years of fishing Missy it has never been over fished or has taking larger fish reduced the number next generation fish. My opinion is if the fish are not taken out in large numbers we would soon see another Sally, Partook, Monroe. A billion little fish with nothing to eat. That's not to say they don't produce some large fish but the avg is terrible compared to Missy. Missy crappie grow fast and fat. I haven't even seen much of the cycling that tends to go along with crappie. Even tough it may seem there is more fishing pressure I can tell you, now doesn't compare to the days when people were fishing for food and the fishing now is atleast as good if not better than then. The exact opposite can be said about the other Resi's. I hope people continue to catch and keep when they can be had.  

bherr24

« Reply #37 on: Apr 18, 2017, 09:21 AM »
off topic but here is my smallie from last evening   

Big r i agee with you.  I havent fished there as long as you but i can only recall one down year in the 15 years or so that i have fished that place.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #38 on: Apr 18, 2017, 09:52 AM »
Bherr24 its just a little food for thought. Nothing against  anyone. Thats a really nice smallie u caught.

bherr24

« Reply #39 on: Apr 18, 2017, 10:27 AM »
I get what you were trying to say i just dont think it applies much to Missy. I caught solid fish everytime i went for almost a month straight out of the same hole below the spillway. The only thing that shut them off was major changes in the water level. Rarely if ever do i  keep a limit by myself either.  I don't mind cleaning them but it's not my favorite thing to do either so i'd rather keep a dozen or so nice fish instead of a limit of dinks to clean.  The limit we kept Sunday was the two of us combined so we actually only kept about 12 a piece. I hear people complain all the time over there about people keeping dinks, then i hear some that complain that people arent releasing the big fish. Impossible to make everyone happy, i do what makes me happy.  Thanks on the smallie, it was a nice one and was a heck of a fight on light line in swift current. Just hope i can catch a bigger one in there someday.

bigr

« Reply #40 on: Apr 19, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Conditions and bite are very good now in the river systems of both resi's. Canoes or kayak will get you in areas shore fishing aren't getting into easy. Water color won't get much better or lower. Fish are concentrated in the backed up areas with white bass just starting to make there move further up stream. Corp of Eng is slowly bringing resi level back up and as level rise fish will also move up. If rain hits and river comes up fish will move quickly further up river.

Daybreak

« Reply #41 on: Apr 19, 2017, 09:34 AM »
Launched at Miami SRA ramp yesterday for the first time in about 20 years.  Pretty windy and it was coming straight down the lake toward the dam.  Found lots of crappie in the 8' to 20' depths.  Caught about 25 from several spots, keeping 10 for some fish tacos.  Best depth was around 10' on a break.  All fish were caught on Chartreuse curly tails.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

Jig_Head

« Reply #42 on: Apr 27, 2017, 06:50 AM »
Out today and 2 limits in 90 minutes on the whites. All nice size. I like to keep the smaller ones but had to keep some bigger ones today.
Were you out in the canoe again or on the shore? They getting them on the shore?

kfishdoctor

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2017, 06:58 AM »
I have not been back since all the rain. Spoke to bigr a couple days ago and he said things dont look good.

bigr

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2017, 11:33 AM »
Work the rip rap on front of Dam. Fish are spawning in the rocks. Closer to sure the clearer the water. Wigglers for gils and jigs/minnows for crappie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.