FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HUNTING/FISHING CAMP post some pics  (Read 28579 times)

FLAG

Re: HUNTING/FISHING CAMP post some pics
« Reply #135 on: Sep 23, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Then there are those who hate, those that have... 8) Get in line! :-*
:-* :-* :-*

FLAG

« Reply #136 on: Sep 23, 2008, 11:47 AM »
Then there are those who hate, those that have... 8) Get in line! :-*

I'm in the same boat as you.... wishing my camp was on a lake..... :-\ But nonetheless it is an awesome camp!!! great place to go and get lost ;)

gamefisher

« Reply #137 on: Sep 23, 2008, 12:40 PM »
and some have it all right GF? :rotflol:

For sure Mark, but I'm just missing 299 acres :rotflol: ;D

FLAG

« Reply #138 on: Sep 23, 2008, 01:26 PM »
For sure Mark, but I'm just missing 299 acres :rotflol: ;D
;D

All in fun!!

jp

« Reply #139 on: Sep 23, 2008, 01:42 PM »
I have a good one for you guys. my family has 6 camps on an island 40 minutes north of lincoln. full of smelts but the lake has no game fish in it.  it does have some good smallmouth fishing.

FLAG

« Reply #140 on: Sep 23, 2008, 01:54 PM »
I have a good one for you guys. my family has 6 camps on an island 40 minutes north of lincoln. full of smelts but the lake has no game fish in it.  it does have some good smallmouth fishing.

My wife told me she wanted to buy a camp on some pond in Central Maine.... I was like what it has no gamefish in it......

gamefisher

« Reply #141 on: Sep 23, 2008, 03:07 PM »
My wife told me she wanted to buy a camp on some pond in Central Maine.... I was like what it has no gamefish in it......

Keep looking FLAG, something will materialize.  I hunted U.H., Maine Sportsman, and real estate websites for a long time before pulling the trigger.  Although "deals" like even just 5-10 years ago may no longer exist, you will eventually find something to your liking and price range.  And jp, like the old saying goes, "there not making any more waterfront", even warmwater ponds are valuable..... (just not for my dollar :evil: ;D)

This fall will be a very good time to keep your eyes peeled Mark ;)

Out4Trout

« Reply #142 on: Sep 24, 2008, 07:04 AM »
I guess I should have checked this thread a few days ago. Sitting back in front of the stove with something to sip on was well deserved GF. It's been a lot of fun and a learning experience watching the progress. If I do half as well as you on my venture one of these years I'll be happy. Being "Upta Camp" is always a good time wether your relaxing or working your butt off. It's camp, a place to go to spend time in a different world for a while. Building it yourself makes it that much more enjoyable.

That's quite a place you have access to fishalot. That solar set up looks like the answer.

This has been a good thread vivlamored, I'm glad you started it.

gamefisher

« Reply #143 on: Sep 24, 2008, 04:07 PM »
I guess I should have checked this thread a few days ago. Sitting back in front of the stove with something to sip on was well deserved GF. It's been a lot of fun and a learning experience watching the progress. If I do half as well as you on my venture one of these years I'll be happy.

Well lets get started on yours 04T - I'm already bored and in search of a new project :flex: ;D  Plus, I'm right in practice now...... :D  Don't wait to long, those AARP letters are going to start come pretty soon :o

Being "Upta Camp" is always a good time wether your relaxing or working your butt off. It's camp, a place to go to spend time in a different world for a while. Building it yourself makes it that much more enjoyable.

This has been a good thread vivlamored, I'm glad you started it.

Can't be said any better than that Steve, exactly how I feel :thumbup_smilie:

Out4Trout

« Reply #144 on: Sep 24, 2008, 07:04 PM »
Well lets get started on yours 04T - I'm already bored and in search of a new project :flex: ;D  Plus, I'm right in practice now...... :D  Don't wait to long, those AARP letters are going to start come pretty soon :o

Well I'd think that you would want a summer off to get caught up on some of the fishing you missed out on.   :D  Besides, I have to come up with a plan. I want a simple hunting camp  8) and my wife wants a mansion  :cookoo: , so I'm working on something in between.  ::)  And whats the deal with AARP? Isn't that an old folks group? What are you trying to say?  ;D 
I'm just starting with the ground work, it will be a couple of years before I pound any nails.

I hope that now your done with your camp that this thread doesn't die, I need some more ideas, I want to see a few more projects.  :thumbup_smilie:

jp

« Reply #145 on: Sep 24, 2008, 09:29 PM »
here is a pic of our camp getting a new look. a lot of the old logs are getting rotted so this summer we started to replace them with new log home logs. my camp is getting a whole new front. the big one on the left is my parents and the middle one in my brothers. I am going back up next weekend and will take more pics.

if i was to build a new camp from scratch i would defenatly look into useing cut logs. they make it so easy to build with.

gamefisher

« Reply #146 on: Sep 25, 2008, 05:51 AM »
Besides, I have to come up with a plan. I want a simple hunting camp  8) and my wife wants a mansion  :cookoo: , so I'm working on something in between.  
I'm just starting with the ground work, it will be a couple of years before I pound any nails.

I hope that now your done with your camp that this thread doesn't die, I need some more ideas, I want to see a few more projects.  :thumbup_smilie:

I toyed with many designs before picking the one I did.  I had to pick something simple enough that any idiot could build with very little equipment ;D  I too was only interested in a "camp camp".  I'm not really a fan of vinyl and/or metal roof but was looking to become "maintenance free" because I don't think we will use it a ton.  I tried not to "overbuild" with that in mind and will only have somewhere around 10K invested in the camp after my buddy runs the propane.  Overall, I'm happy with the outcome and feel like it will meet our intended needs.   My plan was the same as yours, went in stages.  Bought the lot in 2005, cleared and graveled in 2006, and started building in 2007.  Doesn't hurt the wallet so bad that way ;)

Check out those timber frame kits 04T - some nice ones available.  You'll figure it out something that works for you.  Maybe you know a draftsman that could design something unique and special...... :rotflol: ;D

Out4Trout

« Reply #147 on: Sep 25, 2008, 06:44 AM »
Maybe you know a draftsman that could design something unique and special...... :rotflol: ;D

Might be able to find someone, they're hard to come by, and most of them are crooked anyway.  :rotflol: Besides I only work with steel.  :whistling:

Looks like we have another project to follow, looks good JP. I'm planning on going with logs myself, not sure that I want to buy a kit, but would like to get some milled logs to work with. A friend of mine is building a camp with vertical logs, he has a nice stand of cedar and a portable saw mill to square up the sides of each log. He placed a few together to get a measurement to calculate how many 8' logs he will need. For a 16x20 camp, he needs around 250 logs. He has about 50 cut and peeled so far.  ::)  ;D I think thats going to be next summers project.

jp

« Reply #148 on: Sep 25, 2008, 09:28 AM »
my grandfather has a portable mill and we thought about cutting our own logs but I'd rather spend my time fishing then sawing logs.

no kit for us. we got seconds from the lumber mill. and my ceder swamp is still standing for the deer to hide in.  ;D

fishalot

• Let the little ones go to get BIG!!
« Reply #149 on: Sep 25, 2008, 10:09 AM »
 Nice camps jp, it must be fun to have the whole family at camp.alone.just the family.your mother . and father. and wife and kids...well it still sounds nice. :laugh:
FISH ON !!!     

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.