FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: And it bagan a month or so back  (Read 13090 times)

Mac Attack

Re: And it bagan a month or so back
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2020, 02:01 PM »
I think I'm jumping ship and switching to the garmin unit next year.  Everything I've read or watched about it seems to show its way more accurate.

Garmin only makes one style trolling motor, with a 50" and 57" shaft.

I need at least a 72" shaft.
And the style of the Garmin Force won't fill the bill on my boat at all.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #16 on: Dec 04, 2020, 09:40 AM »
I think I'm jumping ship and switching to the garmin unit next year.  Everything I've read or watched about it seems to show its way more accurate.

I wanted a Garmin trolling motor so bad it wasn't funny. Mostly because I want the Garmin electronics. They are missing a huge part of the market with only making deck mount, bass boat trolling motors. I mean, yes, the bass guys are the biggest market, I get it, but there are guys in deep V's that would probably buy a Garmin if they made something for them. The good news is I couldn't really be any happier with my Ulterra.

Mac Attack

« Reply #17 on: Dec 04, 2020, 02:39 PM »
I wanted a Garmin trolling motor so bad it wasn't funny. Mostly because I want the Garmin electronics. They are missing a huge part of the market with only making deck mount, bass boat trolling motors. I mean, yes, the bass guys are the biggest market, I get it, but there are guys in deep V's that would probably buy a Garmin if they made something for them. The good news is I couldn't really be any happier with my Ulterra.

I agree on the Garmin comments Geoff
Really glad you are happy with that Ulterra.
Cause mine came in today and I just picked it up.  That this really weighs a ton!!
Now it will sit in my garage till spring when I drag the boat out of storage.
Tick freekin tock.
 8)

lowaccord66

« Reply #18 on: Dec 04, 2020, 08:32 PM »
Cause mine came in today and I just picked it up.  That this really weighs a ton!!
Tick freekin tock.
 8)

Tick tock Mac?  Throw that bad boy on and head out to the Bar.  Im about to head out there soon!

Mac Attack

« Reply #19 on: Dec 04, 2020, 10:29 PM »
Tick tock Mac?  Throw that bad boy on and head out to the Bar.  Im about to head out there soon!

lol

It's an I/O.
It takes way too much to re-winterize it.
Tempting though.
I'll have it back out early for spring browns in Olcott.
All depends on how long winter holds on.
We'll see.

Jeff and I had a charter scheduled for the lower river tomorrow.
The captain called it off due to muddy water.
The recent rains, snow and yhigh winds have made the lower river a real messy chocolate milk.
We will reschedule with him for after the holidays.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Dec 06, 2020, 05:54 AM »
I have an extremely accurate depth finder. No batteries, no beeping, no alarms, no flashing lights no wires, compact, portable and its guaranteed for life.....unless I lose it.

Mine isn’t orange though. Maybe I should upgrade? Nah...I’ll just paint it.

Hey....which battery drill is better ?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #21 on: Dec 06, 2020, 06:22 AM »

RG I still have few of them , some say they have duel purpose 😀

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #22 on: Dec 06, 2020, 02:33 PM »
i have the portable garmin striker setup and I love it. use it all open water long on my boat and kayak and then switch to ice. has waypoint capability, A-scope zoom(which also lets you know how big the circumference of your view is on bottom of lake) for verticle jigging and even has a flasher mode for those who like it. I myself use the traditional on 77hz turned on to high scroll with the A-scope on. gives me temp, time, depth, and everything I need

I have the striker 4 plus I put on my little boat this fall.  Love it.  Did you get the ice ducer or are you using the portable one for the boat?
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

lowaccord66

« Reply #23 on: Dec 06, 2020, 05:50 PM »
lol

It's an I/O.
It takes way too much to re-winterize it.
Tempting though.
I'll have it back out early for spring browns in Olcott.
All depends on how long winter holds on.
We'll see.

Jeff and I had a charter scheduled for the lower river tomorrow.
The captain called it off due to muddy water.
The recent rains, snow and yhigh winds have made the lower river a real messy chocolate milk.
We will reschedule with him for after the holidays.

Good to know....hope you get out there soon.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #24 on: Dec 07, 2020, 09:45 AM »
Tick freekin tock.
 8)

Yeah, it's a big box, huh? I thought it would fit in the back of my truck under the toneau, worst case kitty corner, but nope, she had to ride home sticking out the back. The 36v motors are wicked heavy too, easily 3 times as heavy as my 12v Powerdrive.

Mac Attack

« Reply #25 on: Dec 07, 2020, 11:35 AM »
Yeah, it's a big box, huh? I thought it would fit in the back of my truck under the toneau, worst case kitty corner, but nope, she had to ride home sticking out the back. The 36v motors are wicked heavy too, easily 3 times as heavy as my 12v Powerdrive.

Yup - same here.
And it was raining so the box got wet.

:w00t:

Yup - one heavy mofo for sure.

Fish Farmer

« Reply #26 on: Dec 07, 2020, 11:49 AM »
Due to covid I'm not trolling with a buddy on Champlain this year, so I'm focused on finding some local steelhead before the creeks freeze which could be by Christmas, but will be in the 40's this weekend.

If I was really ambitious I could cast for lakers from shore in many spots on Lake Champlain right now....but I would have company. I think everyone who would normally travel to NY to fish for steelhead and salmon stuck around this year.

taxid

« Reply #27 on: Dec 07, 2020, 02:09 PM »
Due to covid I'm not trolling with a buddy on Champlain this year, so I'm focused on finding some local steelhead before the creeks freeze which could be by Christmas, but will be in the 40's this weekend.

If I was really ambitious I could cast for lakers from shore in many spots on Lake Champlain right now....but I would have company. I think everyone who would normally travel to NY to fish for steelhead and salmon stuck around this year.

I was going to head east for a couple of weeks this coming summer but I'll probably hold off for another year. Even with the vaccine it's going to take a little longer to get back to normal especially if enough people refuse to get the vaccine. I just hope enough people do so we can get back to normal!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

« Reply #28 on: Dec 07, 2020, 03:09 PM »
I was going to head east for a couple of weeks this coming summer but I'll probably hold off for another year. Even with the vaccine it's going to take a little longer to get back to normal especially if enough people refuse to get the vaccine. I just hope enough people do so we can get back to normal!

I agree.
I don't think we will be out of the woods until mid-late summer or even later.
I think we are looking at bad juju for the next 8-9 months.
Hunker down and stay safe guys.
And protect your family.

filetandrelease

« Reply #29 on: Dec 07, 2020, 03:22 PM »

I agree ,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.