FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 526225 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3360 on: May 05, 2020, 04:05 PM »
And i also had 6 yards of black gold delivered today.  Now just have to borrow my cousins skid stear to move it to the garden and flower beds...

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3361 on: May 05, 2020, 05:24 PM »
  I like my green tomatoes pickled.. ;)

Good Choice!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3362 on: May 05, 2020, 06:35 PM »
Got tomatoes.. 8)

CHEATER!

Put my veggie seeds in the trough planter today. Pulled the radishes and spinach. Radishes are small by my standards, but really sweet. The spinach is really nice. I'll replant those after my veggies are ready to transplant.

Waiting for a sale on garden soil to top off my herb bed then ill plant that plot.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3363 on: May 06, 2020, 05:21 AM »
Bob there must be a place by you that has patio tomato plants that big for sale?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3364 on: May 06, 2020, 09:07 AM »
Im sure there is Dom. I've gotten so I hate buying a single plant from stores for 3x or more what a package of seeds costs me. I have 2 kinds of container variety tomatoes started  and a couple of other determinate varieties.

I noticed a very cool thing yesterday. Couple of weeks ago I cleared out a bed that I made a late attempt to start broccoli and brussels sprouts in. I tossed the plants I pulled into the leaf compost pile.....they have new leaf growth on them. Im going to leave them there and see what happens.

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bosco

« Reply #3365 on: May 06, 2020, 11:24 AM »
Did you plant yourshallots last fall? I was thinking about adding some to my herb plot.

I've got seeds   germinating for a variety of stuff. Pickles, cukes, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, tomatoes, cardinal Climbers and peppers.

I'll move them to the trough planter in little peat pots in a few days. Then in a couple weeks ....maybe 3, I'll transplant them to the gardens.

We have a freeze warning tonight and tomorrow night. Maybe even snow showers romorrow morning.

Rg

Actually I did them years ago. I can't even tell you what kind they are. They were some kind of Asian onion that came in an heirloom beginner gardeners variety pack. I transplanted them after they got big enough under the lights and they just come back every year. They're actually quite amazing. I can cut chutes off of them probably 10 months out of the year. Even in the dead of winter if there's a snow thaw and they're exposed and they get a little sunlight they shoot  up and I clip a few to throw in whatever I'm making.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3366 on: May 06, 2020, 05:16 PM »
Perennial shallots....hmmmmm...Ii like that idea. Im going to do some searching. Love shallots in different dishes.

Thanks,
Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3367 on: May 06, 2020, 05:19 PM »
Do you have garlic chives?  Perennials...   I could probably send you some.... ;)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3368 on: May 06, 2020, 07:33 PM »
Ok   ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3369 on: May 07, 2020, 05:45 AM »
No I don't Dom. But, I'd love to add some to my herb bed. Im going to transplant my Greek Oregano to the bed. Ive been growing that for several years. A nice perennial and very good herb.

I have to stop in to Lowes tomorrow morning to get a few bags of garden soil mix for the flower boxes, pots and bags. Gonna do some tomatoes in the bags this year and maybe some peppers.

Rg

Just looked at the weather. 30's and 40's the next 7 days.....BOO!... Im not planting anything until after the 15 Th.

Thats ok though, the hitch dor my vehicle is being delivered today. Ill get the boat on the water instead.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3370 on: May 13, 2020, 07:40 PM »
Well...this might be the week...finally!

I've  had to start seeds over again. The ones I started a week ago went too far. Couldn't plant them....too damned cold.

The clematis took a bit of damage on the new growth with last night's 24 degree freeze. Asparagus is off to a slow start but coming up fat and happy looking. Broccoli and sprouts have popped up in the trough planter.

It'll be a late start, but, i have faith.

Rg

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #3371 on: May 14, 2020, 07:26 AM »
Same here! The plan is to get in the potatoes and onions today. And if enough time and energy, the corn... maybe?
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #3372 on: May 15, 2020, 05:42 PM »
Put in potatoes and onions yesterday. Tomato stakes and baskets in place also. Tomorrow the corn goes in before the rain. And maybe an early zucchini try?
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3373 on: May 15, 2020, 11:06 PM »
My potatoes started sprouting today. I also built 2 more raised boxes, one for onions and one for pole beans. I built a couple nice A frame trellises for the beans and snap peas.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3374 on: May 18, 2020, 05:04 AM »
Been moving all the compost with a wheelbarrow so its taking some time but im getting there.   Might have enough left to raise one more bed another 10" .   

The one closest on the right has potatoes and onions in it..Garlic in the one past it..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.