FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512870 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1560 on: Aug 10, 2017, 03:02 PM »
Heck if I can remember Dom :-\ :-\. I'm usually pretty organized, but I can't seem to keep track of which plant went where. I bought. Notebook the other day to chronicle my gardens year to year.

Good news is, I have Moon Flowers buds on several vines. There's stilll a good chance for a bloom.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #1561 on: Aug 10, 2017, 03:56 PM »
Great to hear about the second bloom rg

my tomato are just startin to get flowers lol's pepper plants are about a foot tall now..  flowering tomato plants are about 3 foot tall and grass is turning yellow from lack of water.. but all and all fishing is slowing down in catch rate right now like it does every year for walleyes.. like it does around this time of year..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1562 on: Aug 11, 2017, 04:19 AM »
It'll be the first bloom for the Moon Flowers Boon. I'm still learning about cultivating these critters. My guess is that I gave them too good of a soil mix. They've produced a ton of foliage but not much in the way of blooms. I backed off on watering and stopped fertilizing and they now show good prospect for flowering.

Dom, all my morning glories and the Moon Flowers are annuals. Next year I'm building another tower trellis for cypress vines. I'm working to attract more hummingbirds and butterflies.

I've been watching my sunflower plot and can't believe the number and variety of bees it has brought to my yard. I've observed 21 different types of pollinating bees so far. Everything from tiny solitary bees to huge bumble bees. And...the gold finches are more than happy to gorge themselves on the seeds. I'm definitely putting in another plot next year.

So simple to do. Kill a patch of grass with Roundup. When the ground is bare, scratch it up a little and spread some black oil sunflower bird seed. A little water if it's really dry. Voila........sunflower patch.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1563 on: Aug 11, 2017, 09:54 AM »

I stopped over to Shane's yesterday, and he brought out some of Eddys (DD)s pickles and they were very tasty 👍🏻

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1564 on: Aug 11, 2017, 04:20 PM »
Mine are better :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: (just kidding)

I still like the idea of a perch and pickle gathering. A blind tasting contest to determine the "Pickle King (or Queen)" of the "Gardens Anyone " thread.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1565 on: Aug 11, 2017, 09:08 PM »
You know, I like the idea, too.  I would hope for it to be mid - state with a campground and a like so I could also fish and spend the night.  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1566 on: Aug 12, 2017, 03:38 AM »
What's "mid state" for you?

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1567 on: Aug 12, 2017, 06:32 AM »
I guess Oneida or that general area would be pretty close.  :)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1568 on: Aug 12, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Oneida works for me.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1569 on: Aug 13, 2017, 07:47 AM »
I stopped over to Shane's yesterday, and he brought out some of Eddys (DD)s pickles and they were very tasty 👍🏻
I heard you guys ate both Jars in one sitting lol  :o Oneida works great for me as it's only 10 mins from my house lol. I say we shoot for early October, perch should be starting to school up by then and there's always a few Eyes around. Plenty of places to stay the night on the lake as well. 

drowndin dots

« Reply #1570 on: Aug 13, 2017, 07:51 AM »

Vines are still just cranking out product! Another fine harvest today! Pickles for days and the tomatoes have started to crank. Few fresh peas with another batch a couple days out. Some nice cherry peppers and a couple fresh strawberries every day from the ever bearing plants in the pallet garden. Sooooo worth all the work :)

filetandrelease

« Reply #1571 on: Aug 13, 2017, 08:02 AM »

Eddy it would have been rude of me not to at least try them , snag made an entree out of them lol

drowndin dots

« Reply #1572 on: Aug 13, 2017, 08:32 AM »
Eddy it would have been rude of me not to at least try them , snag made an entree out of them lol
looks like another batch is in order for him then lol. I certainly have enough to spare  ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1573 on: Aug 13, 2017, 10:32 AM »
Nice harvest Mookster.   :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

« Reply #1574 on: Aug 13, 2017, 10:54 AM »
Nice harvest Mookster.   :thumbup_smilie:
Thanks Dom! You interested in the get together?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.