FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I love fishing.  (Read 3733 times)

lowaccord66

Re: I love fishing.
« Reply #15 on: Jun 17, 2020, 02:57 PM »
Or when one gets tangled up in one thats got them anchored lol

So many questions, so few answers next on as the powerpole turns....

zwiggles

« Reply #16 on: Jun 17, 2020, 08:15 PM »
So many questions, so few answers next on as the powerpole turns....

Perfect!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #17 on: Jun 18, 2020, 08:03 AM »
Power poles serve their purpose in shallow water and shallow water only. I have twin 10' on my new bass boat and love them. Spot lock is an absolute beast but when trying to sneak up on a fish in a cove with say 3 feet of water, all your spot lock will do is blow silt around in any sort of wind. Power poles are silent and in the back so if you play it right with distance, you will catch that fish without spooking it. As far as the angler in the back, well there is a reason they are in the back lol.

Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #18 on: Jun 18, 2020, 08:32 AM »
Love the new boat Mike.  You could sell a few power poles I am sure but I'd be your hardest sell.  I spot lock far enough away to not spook fish and make long casts.  No one and I mean no one, not even someone as smart as you is going to tell me pushing a metal pole into the lake bottom isn't spooking fish less, or moving silt in the process.

zwiggles

« Reply #19 on: Jun 18, 2020, 12:03 PM »
Fancy anchors pretty much right?

Baitbucket

« Reply #20 on: Jun 18, 2020, 12:09 PM »
I could see them being useful if you fished shallow flats all the time. But even then, waves and current would make that interesting. Spot lock has done everything ive needed it to do so far.

stripernut

« Reply #21 on: Jun 18, 2020, 12:43 PM »
Talons fall under the cool tools, but for me and my fishing, a spot lock is doing the job very well. That said if I lived down South I can think of many times a set of Talons would have worked perfectly chasing reds and trout on the flats. Up here in the North East flats of the right depth both fresh and salt are not that common and for the few that are I would just use an anchor pole if it was too shallow for the spot lock. In the end, I am way too cheap/fugal to buy a one or a set for the limited use in our waters... But COOL they are!

lowaccord66

« Reply #22 on: Jun 19, 2020, 09:58 AM »
Don't get me wrong I think the talons and powerpoles are cool but I thrive on spot lock.  I've used it every day this week!

westernmas

« Reply #23 on: Jun 19, 2020, 02:47 PM »
Don't get me wrong I think the talons and powerpoles are cool but I thrive on spot lock.  I've used it every day this week!

You hiring?  JK I've been out almost every day as well.  Finally got a few trout to commit on the surface.  I was actually using a two fly dry fly rig and a rainbow smashed the size 12 caddis i was using more as indicator for a smaller sulfur.  Freestones are in ROUGH shape.  Fished the main branch of the westfield and landed more smallies than trout which is always a bad sign for that body of water.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #24 on: Jun 19, 2020, 04:30 PM »
You hiring?  JK I've been out almost every day as well.  Finally got a few trout to commit on the surface.  I was actually using a two fly dry fly rig and a rainbow smashed the size 12 caddis i was using more as indicator for a smaller sulfur.  Freestones are in ROUGH shape.  Fished the main branch of the westfield and landed more smallies than trout which is always a bad sign for that body of water.

They won't let me hire at the moment.  These have been after work specials.  I haven't fly fished in a while.  Tempted to go mousing....

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #25 on: Jun 25, 2020, 02:23 PM »
9-1 I would buy spot lock before power poles. Allan is right though, they are far easier and do not burn a battery when fishing flats, all the time.

Will - My power poles are 10'. I used them on a large lake and stuck them in at 8' when it was blowing 20-25 with gusts to 35. I kept the waves stern side and I never had an issue. I have not tried them in current but from my experience, if they stick into soft ground, you do not move.

Jon - the last thing I want to do is sell power poles. LMAO. I get you and agree, just saying that they serve their purpose sometimes.

Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #26 on: Jun 26, 2020, 09:38 AM »
You get what I'm putting down.  Now I want one just because.  Anyone want a tournament ready 04 stratos?  I'm after that xrs bullet Mike!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #27 on: Jun 28, 2020, 07:47 AM »
You get what I'm putting down.  Now I want one just because.  Anyone want a tournament ready 04 stratos?  I'm after that xrs bullet Mike!

That thing is SWEET! Top of the line.
Wicked Wec

bigbellybilly

« Reply #28 on: Jun 28, 2020, 10:34 AM »
Nice boat andyour new one for next year sounds good hope to see you on water some day getting new boat ready

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.