FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: North Adams and Pittsfield  (Read 682 times)

bogtrotter

North Adams and Pittsfield
« on: Jul 03, 2020, 01:33 PM »
I got out of work early yesterday (for the start of the long 4th of July holiday weekend) and headed to Fish Pond in North Adams for about an hour before supper.

It was hot (84), humid and partly sunny. 

As I was starting, I saw an eagle fly overhead.

I ended up with six big sunfish.

Since I had today off, I drove to Pittsfield and tried a few different spots over the course of about three and a half hours late this morning and early this afternoon.

It was mostly cloudy, with occasional sprinkles, warm (75 degrees) and humid.

First up was the West Housatonic, which I fished from the Hungerford Street bridge down to the Clapp Park trestle.

Given all the rain we've been having the past several days, I was surprised how low the stream still was.

All I caught on the upper end was dink dace. 

However, further downstream, I landed a dink perch, a sunfish and a 13" rainbow below the Barker Road bridge.

Even further downstream, I perched on top of a log that stretched across the upstream end of the Clapp Park trestle and reeled in a 13" sucker and a 12"dace - - which I initially assumed to be trout based on the fight that they put up as I had to balance on my log and haul them in.

Next stop was the Northwest Housatonic, above and below the dam on Wahconah Street.

As I was scrambling down the bank to the pool below the dam, a great blue heron slowly flapped its way downstream.

I fished the pool below the dam for awhile, and caught a half dozen sunfish.

I tried above the dam as well, and landed an equal number of small perch.

Then I stopped on the way home to fish Silver Lake from its eastern shore, and ended up landing two small bass, four perch and six sunfish.

taxid

Re: North Adams and Pittsfield
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2020, 01:39 PM »
Thanks for sharing.

Rain? What's that? We are in drought conditions in the upper midwest after a very wet spring. Temps in the 90's.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.