FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What would you like to see tackle manufactures do?  (Read 2505 times)

winchester 88

What would you like to see tackle manufactures do?
« on: Mar 31, 2006, 06:55 PM »
The last 2 days I was able to finally get out on the lake for some crappie fishing .
 We were using slip bobbers and minnows on plain hooks.
I have a Zander walleye rod from Cabelas that I like because it has a sensitive tip .
 However the end ferule is so small that the little rubber bobber stops want to catch on it when you cast which can result in the minnow getting pitched off of the hook by the sudden stop.
Why can't sensitive tipped rods have larger ferules? Some of my ice fishing rods have the same problem.
 Winchester 88

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
Re: What would you like to see tackle manufactures do?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2006, 07:51 PM »
Bring it into a custom rod shop and have them change the tip, or if you are brave try it yourself.  Factory made rods can be great, but some manufacturers don't even line up the blank's spine with the guides. Buyer beware, and you don't always get your dollars worth with an expensive rod.

OTIS

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2006, 08:08 PM »
With the price of rods today, I find it's almost always better to invest in a custom rod.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Bailbuster

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2006, 02:25 PM »
Get together and fill my tackle box every April.BB

Polar

« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2006, 09:06 AM »
The last 2 days I was able to finally get out on the lake for some crappie fishing .
 We were using slip bobbers and minnows on plain hooks.
I have a Zander walleye rod from Cabelas that I like because it has a sensitive tip .
 However the end ferule is so small that the little rubber bobber stops want to catch on it when you cast which can result in the minnow getting pitched off of the hook by the sudden stop.
Why can't sensitive tipped rods have larger ferules? Some of my ice fishing rods have the same problem.
 Winchester 88

Bottom line is huge profits.Same reason why 99.9% of all fishing related items  are made overseas.

fishnut

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2006, 01:02 PM »
I don't know about tackle Manufactures, but I'd like to see a Boat manufacture build a boat that is made of Glass.  Imagine how neat that would be.  On a windy day, in 20 feet of water, you could look down and see the bottom of the lake, and see what's down there.  I'd imagine it'd be a little pricey.

Bailbuster

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2006, 04:35 PM »
It's called a glass bottom boat, I went out in an 18 footer over the winter in the Bahamas it was pretty cool.BB

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2006, 04:45 PM »

Bottom line is huge profits.Same reason why 99.9% of all fishing related items  are made overseas.

Exactly...thats why most fishing products were not designed for fishing...they were designed to catch the eye of a fisherman.

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2006, 04:52 PM »
lower there prices $$$$$$$$$$
OR      [IMG]

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 04, 2006, 07:46 AM »
Defineately LOWER the PRICES.
Whats up with crank baits selling for anywhere from 4-12 bucks? Those plastic/ balsa wood lures cost that much to make?

Iam with big red and killer lower the prices and stop some of the products designed to catch fishermen AND DON"T WORK!!!!!! How bout the jigging tip from you know who?
Internet heros give it a rest!

Lobo

• I enjoy fishing ! Catching is a big bonus.
« Reply #10 on: Apr 04, 2006, 08:42 AM »
lower there prices $$$$$$$$$$
Absolutely ! Lower the Prices !!
I think most all of the fishing and boating gear on the market is way over priced. Perhaps if they lowered the prices it would increase the volume of sales and their bottom line would remain about the same.
Ross in Greenville, Mi.

God made the world 3/4 water and 1/4 land. So it's plain that he meant for us to fish 3/4 of the time and work 1/4 !

Pikeguy

« Reply #11 on: Apr 04, 2006, 08:46 AM »
I'm glad they have all those products out there that catch fisherman and not fish. I don't have to buy them...and the guys that do just won't catch fish....more for me :P  I don't see a problem with that ;D

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #12 on: Apr 04, 2006, 01:49 PM »
I have a problem with products not lasting, I fish pretty heavily year round and beat my gear up pretty badly. Wading boots are no. 1 on my list right down to the laces. I have to buy laces 2-3 times a year boots every other, either the felt falls off or they crack wide open. Polorized glasses burn me for 50 bucks a year, I always break an arm off them,a couple times just getting out of the car. . I haven't had a fly line last more than a season, and I spend 50 bucks a shot on it and I even put conditioning on it every couple of weeks. To no avail cracked and casting like crap in no time and I tried the 10 dollar fly line rout. You know what the meant? Buying 10 dollar fly line 5 times a year (at least I don't have to change the higher end stuff as often). I bought this catridge to hold all my tipet, let me just say the manufacturer never even tested the thing (I won't get into it) theres 20 bucks down the drain. I think a lot of products out there are aimed at the fair weather fisherman. I guess I don't use my stuff I abuse it, but I kinda feel that some of the stuff out there I can only get minimal use out of before it's time to replace it, I guess what I am saying is manufactures should test products to the extreme not just say hey thats a good idea, or this looks nice lets sell it.
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2006, 04:05 PM »
I have a problem with products not lasting, I fish pretty heavily year round and beat my gear up pretty badly...I guess I don't use my stuff I abuse it, but I kinda feel that some of the stuff out there I can only get minimal use out of before it's time to replace it, I guess what I am saying is manufactures should test products to the extreme not just say hey thats a good idea, or this looks nice lets sell it.

I'M glad I'm not the only one! :)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 04, 2006, 07:09 PM »
They don't sell you what you want, they sell you a likeness of what you want. That is why everything
comes in plastic blister packaging now. They don't want you to take it out and fiddle with it, you would
see what it really is. They only have to deal with the visual aspect of the product, so in essence, they are selling you a sculpture of the intended product. I find that reel manufacturers are especially guilty of this, they produce a "nice Looking" reel that is rough and wobbly. I have one reel maker that I rely on, and I never buy a rod without goofing with it, and checking the spine.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.