FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quality waders  (Read 2563 times)

bluefinforme

Re: Quality waders
« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2006, 02:08 PM »
JB LLBean has some of the best waders and has a 100% satisfaction guarantee FOREVER!  take a look and good luck!!
yip......I have a pair of felt/boot waders from beans....$100 bucks...lifetime guarantee

Waubay Fisher

« Reply #16 on: Apr 04, 2006, 02:15 PM »
I've tried a hole bunch of different brands and styles, and for me, I just go with the cheap bass pro shops neoprene stocking foot waders. I can afford to replace them every other season or so...no matter what kind of waders I wear, they get punctured and abused.

Here here on that!

I've bought a few pairs from Scheels over the years, $49.00 cheap neoprenes, and always get two seasons or better, as long as I make sure they are tipped upside down and dry good - or they crack when folded.  Early spring and late fall though I definitely have to 'suit up' probably more than the expensive insulated ones... but mine also always seem to get a puncture or crack sooner or later!  Better for me to go cheapo on the waders ;).

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #17 on: Apr 04, 2006, 03:44 PM »
cabelas 5 yrs. i duck hunt and fish with them.i bought the ones with the abrasion resistant coating. :thumbup_smilie:

Hey I wondered about them they looked nice.
I have the hodgemen camo neoprene and they have worked for 7 years with four of them fishing steelhead on rock and gravel all the time. They held up till I took them deer hunting, couple of holes that have been repaired but they leaked once this year, just fixed um!

Can't beat the price!
Internet heros give it a rest!

CRANKY

« Reply #18 on: Apr 05, 2006, 03:37 PM »
i have a cheap pair of lacrosse boot foot waders and its going on 7yrs i think. never thought they would last long when i got them. a couple yrs. agoi put duct tape over a spot in one of the boots that because it started getting uncomfortable but thats the only problem so far.

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #19 on: Apr 05, 2006, 04:15 PM »
I have a pair of Cabelas waders that are going on I believe 7 years now and the only leaks are from walking thru heavy brush and thornbushes. Other than that I haven't had a problem with them. I just picked up a new pair of stocking foot neophrenes last fall and am giving my old pair to my buddy.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

bigfish1556

« Reply #20 on: Apr 05, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Best luck I've ever had with a pair of waders (utilized for streams all seasons, duck hunting, and swampbusting for those elusive bucks) were cabelas brushbusters (bootfoot). Canvas, I believe. Took them through everything, and although not the prettiest or most comfortable, held up like champs. Don't even know if they still make the same version....still using the old ones.
We may say of angling, as Dr. Boteler said of strawberries, “Doubtless God could have made a better berry, but doubtless God never did;” and so, if I might be judge, God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.  -Izaak Walton

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.