FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Walleye run  (Read 1793 times)

Spencerville

Walleye run
« on: Apr 02, 2021, 10:20 PM »
Hit the maumee last Monday... ended with 5 by noonish...got there a little late.. planning for Monday and Tuesday this week. Plenty of walleye to be had right now. Pick a weekday if you can...much better experience.  Didn't take a end of day pic...but...

Doubles Shooter

Re: Walleye run
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2021, 05:19 AM »
The wife and i are heading there on the 14th. Been trying to get there for a couple years now. My brother lives in Perrysburg just a few minutes from the river so we have a place to stay. His son in law has been into the fish too. Can't wait. Was going to bring the boat, but decided to wait on that for now. Just go and check things out.

Spencerville

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2021, 08:14 AM »
Pray for rain up river... temps are climbing in the river and its getting low. A good rain will set it on fire again.

indianahooker

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2021, 04:04 PM »
getting pics from friends of some toads. they are trolling out in front of river.  thats all need said about that.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2021, 05:23 AM »
Heading out there in an hour. Going to be fun. My brothers got into a few yesterday, but I'm going to show them how it's done. :D This will be the first time my brothers and I have fished together in over 50 years. Looking forward to the trip.

filetandrelease

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2021, 05:48 AM »

Double shooter that sounds like a great get together, fish on 🎣

tater140

« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2021, 09:18 AM »
Good Luck out there,  i was there a couple of weeks back and had a good trip with a limit.  I forgot how much I enjoyed fishing the river.  it's a whole new ballgame from most types of fishing I have done over the years.
That's awesome you get to spend a day fishing with your brothers.   

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2021, 09:35 PM »
First day on the river was fun. The third cast got a hit. Even with the current, it feels like a really good fish. That was Untill I saw it coming in sideways. Oh well , hooked in the back. It was a healthy 18" fish, but bye bye. My brother got a 16" male. Fishing was slow, didn't see many caught. Still having a ball with my.brothers. Going out again tomorrow.

I'm the good looking guy on the left.

rivereddy

« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2021, 06:45 AM »
I wound up with 3 off of the towpath Thursday

fish on,

rivereddy

tater140

« Reply #9 on: Apr 17, 2021, 07:06 AM »
Good Luck today, I hope you get into them.  Sure wish I wasn't working

Spencerville

« Reply #10 on: Apr 17, 2021, 11:21 PM »
I wound up with 3 off of the towpath Thursday

fish on,

rivereddy

I hit the tow path last Monday...couldn't believe how slow the water was... first skunk in a few years. But it was still better than the combat fishing at Butt wood... be lake for me the rest of the year. A shame we didn't get a good rain last week.

rivereddy

« Reply #11 on: Apr 18, 2021, 07:47 AM »
Last Monday, the river was at 580, low and slow.  It was that way when I went up the week before.  All I caught then was a snagged carp.
We had a little rain midweek and it edged up to about 581.5 for a few hours and that brought a few new fish up river.

fish on,

rivereddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.