FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Seems like the bites slowing down  (Read 1352 times)

timeflies

Seems like the bites slowing down
« on: Oct 23, 2017, 04:27 PM »
been out for the last two days and only managed to catch a couple of bass and a few pickerel, sure slowed down from even last week it seems, anyone else noticing that or am i just having a rough streak?

​​​​​​​https://youtu.be/VZLXe8bdl7Q

lowaccord66

Re: Seems like the bites slowing down
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2017, 07:00 PM »
Rough streak.  I was fishing north in NY Saturday and got bass to 4lbs.  They are definetly slowing up a bit and the bigger fish ate a jerkbait that I was fishing rather slowly.  Trout have been on fire too.  Only slow fishing Ive experienced is pike.  Still a tad warm for my tastes.

bigbellybilly

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2017, 08:41 PM »
Yes I have noticed it slow down from last week crushed them last week day and night this weekend real slow trout were hitting like crazy.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2017, 08:48 PM »
We still got some fish on lipless cranks but this was towards noon.  I think having seen some of the spots in the videos, the shallow water and weeds is not helping.  With the weeds dying off and having had a couple nights in the 30's maybe thats the issue.  Its worth mentioning I was fishing water with some depth to it.

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2017, 08:28 AM »
I fished up in Lee this weekend.  Between the two of us we didn't catch a single bass but I got my first pike of the year.  We could hear a ton of surface action and I got the lone pike on a frog in a pretty shallow back water section of the body of water that we were fishing.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

timeflies

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2017, 08:55 AM »
We still got some fish on lipless cranks but this was towards noon.  I think having seen some of the spots in the videos, the shallow water and weeds is not helping.  With the weeds dying off and having had a couple nights in the 30's maybe thats the issue.  Its worth mentioning I was fishing water with some depth to it.

Thats interesting, was thinking that it could have been that the ponds being smaller were cooling down quicker which would explain why all of the fish were in the suuuuper shallows like 1’ of water and under, might be time to start going deep

I fished up in Lee this weekend.  Between the two of us we didn't catch a single bass but I got my first pike of the year.  We could hear a ton of surface action and I got the lone pike on a frog in a pretty shallow back water section of the body of water that we were fishing.

This was all south county too, sounds like pretty much the same as i’ve been having it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.