FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Last weekend.  (Read 1216 times)

lowaccord66

Last weekend.
« on: Oct 23, 2017, 09:09 PM »
Fished VT with my buddy  Saturday.  It was good to get out together as we had both suffered through the untimely loss of his brother end of last week. We started with trout on a river where Tim absolutely murdered the browns to a point where there was no time or reason for pics. (Most were in the 12-15" range, all browns) I was stubborn with the fly rod for far to long to catch up!  With leaky waders and a 6am start after a 3hr ride I was ready for a change.  We hit some bass:

Sunday:

Hit the river with my brother Sunday and the stubborness in not putting the fly rod down remained but only for a bit.  We wacked them good with my brother scoring at least a dozen to 20" before I gave nymphing a break:

Good times both days and much needed. 

bogtrotter

Re: Last weekend.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2017, 06:47 AM »
Wow, you guys really hammered them!  Quite an all-species outing.

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2017, 07:51 AM »
first, sorry for your loss
second..nice fish, way to get out there  :tipup:
burp
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

westernmas

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2017, 08:18 AM »
Nice work.  I've mostly converted over to the fly rod as well.  Some days I wonder what I'd do with the old ultralight but my thought is the only way to get better is to keep trying.  I'm slowly getting better but still think I'd do much better with spinning gear.

I decided to take the yak out over the weekend and got my first pike in MA for 2017.  Nothing really post worthy, prob like 4-5lbs.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Thats a good start with the pike.  Thing with the flyrod is there is a time and a place for it.  I usually carry both a spinning and fly rod but habe spent a majority of the season fishing with just the fly rod.  Its fun but sometimes after the 1000th drift I laugh and tell myself its fancy bait fishing.

I replaced the leaky waders yesterday and landed 2 bull trout one brown one bow right before dusk both over 18" on a green husky jerk.  The hits were slightly more exciting than the average nymph strike!

Thank you Lenz.  He leaves behind a wife and two kids, a 7 year old son, and 3 year old daughter.  His brother (Tim) pictured saved my life a few years back literally, we were very close.  Needless to say some time on the water with my own brother was needed.  I'll be bringing Ethan (his older son) with me ice fishing this year to some of the gatherings.  That boy needs some support.

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2017, 09:14 AM »
Really sweet looking trout!!!

Sorry for your loss.

butch two

• Member of the GODS society.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2017, 01:39 PM »
lowaccord 66......I like your style, how to step up.

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2017, 02:38 PM »
lowaccord 66......I like your style, how to step up.

His brother would do it for my family in a second.  I hate to see his kids not have what was a very strong father figure.  Literally and figuratively.  Some huge shoes that Ill never fill but I can try.  They have a gofundme page setup Ive kicked into.  Im not going to link out of respect for everyone here, it but if anyone wants to lend a hand I can pm the details.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.