FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bulls head???  (Read 2569 times)

frozencanuck

Bulls head???
« on: Apr 11, 2007, 11:53 AM »
Has anyone been to bullshead yet,  one of the guys at work says that there are some real big close to shore.
Born to fish, forced to work.

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
Re: Bulls head???
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2007, 10:41 AM »
Has anyone been to bullshead yet,  one of the guys at work says that there are some real big close to shore.

Shoulder to shoulder the last couple of times I've been out there. Expect so BS from the fly guys unless your flyfishing. Too windy for me to pull out the fly rod, but red spinners and spoons seem to be the hot ticket, althought I managed a few on a yellow and green spinner. Lots of bows in the 16"-18" range with a few over 20"

Here is from Easter Monday

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

Pigshanks

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 09:00 AM »
You make it frozencanuck, frozencanuck? Anything?

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

frozencanuck

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:01 AM »
I have not been able to make it out fishing yet plan to make to make it out sometime in the next 2 weeks or so,  I have been swamped with work and family and house renos.  How has the fishing been with you lately?
Born to fish, forced to work.

Pigshanks

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 10:27 AM »
I have not been able to make it out fishing yet plan to make to make it out sometime in the next 2 weeks or so,  I have been swamped with work and family and house renos.  How has the fishing been with you lately?

Slow to say the least. d**n wind and weather. Opening day is not far off so I can hit some of the honey holes. Hopefully things will improve, they can't really get any worse. :(

Kyle

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 09:14 PM »
its sad to see such a great lake go downhill for size so fast.  Last year there was lots of 20+ inch fish, this year on opening day there was very few fish over 20 inches.  I still dont get why the size went down so fast, I know there is alot of poaching out there and tons of the locals are keeping there 20 inch fish and then coming back.  But with this type of poaching there should be less fish and therefore bigger ones.  The fishing is still amazing out there, definitely TONS of fish.  I think they should start putting less fish in this lake, it would be nice to go to a lake where there is 5 fish a day all over 22 inches instead of 40-50 16-20 inch fish  :(  oh ya pigshanks, flyfishing isnt hard in the wind at all, all you gotta do is rollcast  :D

Pigshanks

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 10:37 PM »
its sad to see such a great lake go downhill for size so fast.  Last year there was lots of 20+ inch fish, this year on opening day there was very few fish over 20 inches.  I still dont get why the size went down so fast, I know there is alot of poaching out there and tons of the locals are keeping there 20 inch fish and then coming back.  But with this type of poaching there should be less fish and therefore bigger ones. 

It is sad that the fishing is heading south in a hurry, and I agree that the poaching there is unreal. I do not understand why people are compelled to take their limit daily every day. Catch and release with the occasional feed. Size decreased because the numbers stocked decreased. With all the pressure this place gets now, all the legals are taken out before the last years reach that legal size.Before the trophy status and all the added fisherman it was a better lake. Lucky to see 3 or 4 guys fishing on a given dayback then, now 30+ on a poor day. Sure, the size wasn't there years ago, but there was still the chance for a 20"+ fish with a lot rest in the 14-16" range. Now the average is 16-18" with a limit of 1 over 50cm.

oh ya pigshanks, flyfishing isnt hard in the wind at all, all you gotta do is rollcast  :D

Still in the learning mode of flyfishing. Only 15 years under my belt with the fly rod and still have a hell of a time with the wind.  ;D Guess we need a few more days with wind down here for me to practice in :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.