FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: spinnerbait  (Read 7739 times)

BoutTime

Re: spinnerbait
« Reply #15 on: Mar 19, 2010, 12:47 PM »
I make my own skirts for my spinnerbaits quite a bit to get different looks.

I use roughly 25 strands of white with 25 strands of brown or green (or a mix of both) and they work great in central Maine.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #16 on: Apr 14, 2010, 07:22 AM »
I dont throw a lot of spinnerbaits, but in rain or wind I will always tie one on and see if i can wake the fish up. I carry two colours, white or chartreuse, thats it, but sizes I like to vary and some times you need to slow roll and other times you need to burn them. I use trailer hooks and have had little to no issue snagging up.

One of the best DVD's I ever purchased was KVD's spinnerbait techniques DVD from the BPS. He does things with a spinnerbait that make you understand why he is who he is.

finlessbrown

« Reply #17 on: Apr 14, 2010, 03:40 PM »
adding a bigger skirt doesn't make alot of sense and this is why......the trailer hook is intended to hook the fish that barely hit the very end of the skirt so by putting a longer skirt on will just make these less agressive fish hit that much further back on the bait. i hope this makes sense to you

jibbs

« Reply #18 on: Apr 15, 2010, 06:45 PM »
adding a bigger skirt doesn't make alot of sense and this is why......the trailer hook is intended to hook the fish that barely hit the very end of the skirt so by putting a longer skirt on will just make these less agressive fish hit that much further back on the bait. i hope this makes sense to you
that is a good point......having a bigger skirt is no always a bad thing........i tend to trim mine back, but it is a different look....these days you need to change the look to make them bite......certainly on pressured lakes.......i am a frequent user of the spinnerbait and throw them anytime there is any type of wind.......great way to pick up bass quick and add weight to your bag as well.......
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Rev. N.

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 09:35 PM »
I don't throw them. I troll them. 14 bass in four hours last year, one sunset. 6 nice keepers in the lot (two fishermen).

JRSwillow

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 09:48 PM »
me and one of my friends went to a pond yesterday and he was using a spinnerbait catching nice bass, me i dont normally use spinnerbaits, but i just learned how to use my new baitcaster, so hes like put this on, my third cast i hooked a 5 lber, sadly thats just a estimate, he jumped and got off :'(

slipperybob

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 10:07 PM »
I'll never understand why fish will bite a spinnerbait, but they just do.  ;D I like to use spinnerbaits when I'm looking at open water channels in or along the weeds.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

BBK

« Reply #22 on: Jun 05, 2010, 02:02 PM »
I'll never understand why fish will bite a spinnerbait, but they just do.  ;D I like to use spinnerbaits when I'm looking at open water channels in or along the weeds.

The flaring skirt looks very much like a shad swimming back and forth. The blade sends vibration and flash in the water letting them key in on the location.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.