FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Swimbaits  (Read 3456 times)

Basspro23

• Bass. A word that turns serious fisherman on.
Swimbaits
« on: May 02, 2010, 10:15 AM »
Hey. I have been doing a lot of plastic and crank bait fishing for bass. I was wondering, what kind of presentations do i need to use for a swimbait? Like a Storm bait. Any info will help!
Fishing is the sport of drowning worms.

Fishb4Family

Re: Swimbaits
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Slow presentation is key this time of year. A slow moving bait will sink more and stay in the strike zone longer, especially if you are fishing in an area where the bass are on beds. A slow approaching swimbait over a bass bed is lethal. Try and use smaller swimbaits early in the season, larger ones when the water warms up.

Basspro23

• Bass. A word that turns serious fisherman on.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 06:50 PM »
okay thanks! :D
Fishing is the sport of drowning worms.

slipperybob

« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2010, 11:26 PM »
I was trying out the 4" Tru-Tungsten hard swimbait in bass pattern for catching bass.  This thing does not toss very well at all.  It catches air and makes a pretty big splash.  Still I tried it and eventually I had my first smallmouth bass hit the thing.  It was a very big bass, but still a bite is a bite.  I guess the bait is pretty much a dummy bait, but still you can sort of change the retrieve pattern.  I guess the thing I like about it in the floating mode is that it lays somewhat sideways.  Good for twitching for early spring or late fall.  Well that will be tested another time.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

skoglund

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2011, 02:38 PM »
i just had a tourney in southern maine on sunday ppl were using soft swimbaits the water was choppy and the only way they would hit was to burn the bait along the surfice the bass were cuming up from as much as 15 feet to eat the baits

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.