FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best Beer?  (Read 102661 times)

OTIS

Re: Best Beer?
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2004, 03:47 PM »
It doesn't matter as long as it tastes like beer and its cold!  And keep your funny stuff to your self honey, berries, nut’s, etc are for tea not BEER!  Like Benjamin Franklin once said, “Beer is proof that God loves us.” don’t screw it up by adding these foreign impurities!  I’ve lived all over the Unites States and I have to say the Canadian’s do it right.  When it comes to beer I want the water to come from as far North as possible, you don’t go to Mexico to drink the water do you!!!  Look up, see blue!  Enough said!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

slipbob

« Reply #76 on: Jun 09, 2004, 09:36 AM »
Some new arrivals in my fridge.  I highly, highly reccomend the middle one, the Schneider Weisse.  It's about the best wheat beer you can find unless you go to the motherland  (Germany) and sneak it back from one of the local breweries.  The Saranac wheat is a new offering by them and is so so at best.  The Franziskaner is a great Bavarian offering that stacks up with Hacker-Pschor and Paulaner.  The Scheider Weisse is the mackdaddy though and get it if you want some awesome wheat.  A small wedge of lemon is required to bring out the flavors with these Hefe's.
[/img]

Cider

« Reply #77 on: Jun 09, 2004, 11:13 AM »
The Franziskaner is a great Bavarian offering

You are correct Sir!!  I went through a lot of that when living in Bavaria in the service!  ;D

got em

« Reply #78 on: Jul 16, 2004, 10:28 PM »
 ;) right now I'm in florida drinking a cold Grants perfect porter,probly the best brew I could find at the local ABC beverage mart..yum yum..

slipbob

« Reply #79 on: Jul 21, 2004, 02:15 PM »
;) right now I'm in florida drinking a cold Grants perfect porter,probly the best brew I could find at the local ABC beverage mart..yum yum..

I'm a huge porter fan and can relate to that. 

Here's a fantastic brew I reviewed last night.  I rate it an excellent buy with an "A" for taste and and "A" for packaging.  One of those great microbrewed treasures we are blessed with here in the good ole USA.  It's from New Hampshire and is the home of our esteemed and now very busy moderator "Cider".  I hope things are working out for you Mike with the new job.  Take a break and have a "Smutty".  The olive oil was nearby so I thought it would make a fine companion for the photo.  By the way this olive oil is incredible.  It's about $8 a can but it's really, really good.
[/img]

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #80 on: Jul 21, 2004, 03:24 PM »
slipbob - I've never heard of that brewery before are they new and what other selections do they offer?  Also, do you know if they distribute to the other side of NY?  Nothing like a good IPA or bitters on a hot summer eve  :P
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

slipbob

« Reply #81 on: Jul 21, 2004, 03:52 PM »
slipbob - I've never heard of that brewery before are they new and what other selections do they offer?  Also, do you know if they distribute to the other side of NY?  Nothing like a good IPA or bitters on a hot summer eve  :P

I have seen their brewskies for a while but never got around to trying them.  It's something "she the one who must be obeyed" bought.  She got a sixer of it the other night and it was my first try with it.  I have an awesome beverage center here that has more beers than I could get around to trying in a summer.  Tons of microbrewed stuff that all looks good but some of it is just average.  I'll buy this stuff again soon.  Here's a link I found.  My company's filtering software wouldn't let me get into the smuttynose.com site directly but it let me link to this.  They don't want us looking at anything offensive mind you like some brewery's website.  God forbid we looked at that.  Anyway Bobman I don't know how far out they distribute this stuff but maybe go to your local yellow pages and phone some bevy centers and see if they carry it.
http://www.portsmouthbrewery.com/

bigdave1018

« Reply #82 on: Jul 21, 2004, 05:59 PM »
molsens,labatts,heiniken,rolling rock,michelob and ice cold milk thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!

slipbob

« Reply #83 on: Jul 23, 2004, 02:41 PM »
Here's some more tasty brews I enjoyed last night.  The Sierra summer offering is awesome.  A classic bottom fermented lager through and through.
[/img]

TimC1086

« Reply #84 on: Aug 23, 2004, 03:28 PM »
I'm 17 and just finsihed high school, I'm not old enough to drink beer.

That said, the beer of choice at all of our keg parties was usually coors.  budweiser is just vile, bitter disgustingness. sometimes my buddies and i will pick up the sam adams variety packs, which taste pretty great after a few warm up beers. at parties we tend to stcik to cheaper beers (high schoolers, what do you expect?) miller, coors, once in a while heineken keg cans. also slipbob, the otter creek beer comes from middlebury vt, where im beginning college in 2 weeks. i might have to convince some of the upperclassmen to buy me a few.  ;)

better hope my mom doesnt read this one, lol.

slipbob

« Reply #85 on: Aug 23, 2004, 03:42 PM »
I'm 17 and just finsihed high school, I'm not old enough to drink beer.

That said, the beer of choice at all of our keg parties was usually coors.  budweiser is just vile, bitter disgustingness. sometimes my buddies and i will pick up the sam adams variety packs, which taste pretty great after a few warm up beers. at parties we tend to stcik to cheaper beers (high schoolers, what do you expect?) miller, coors, once in a while heineken keg cans. also slipbob, the otter creek beer comes from middlebury vt, where im beginning college in 2 weeks. i might have to convince some of the upperclassmen to buy me a few.  ;)

better hope my mom doesnt read this one, lol.

I'm sure mom is on to your antics Tim.  My mom wasn't too happy about me heading to see the Grateful Dead when I was a youngster but she got over it.  I wish you well at college and I'm sure you have the chance to get some "adult beverages" while you're there.  Don't forget to actually study. ;D

got em

« Reply #86 on: Dec 08, 2004, 08:14 PM »
 ;) well....right now I'm working on a twelve pack of saranac brew...twelve different brews.. seasonal stuff..yum yum... ;) ;) ;)

Chucker

« Reply #87 on: Dec 09, 2004, 05:37 AM »
slipbob - are you on ratebeer.com per chance?

slipbob

« Reply #88 on: Dec 09, 2004, 08:49 AM »
slipbob - are you on ratebeer.com per chance?

Never heard of it but maybe I'll check it out.  I love quality brews. 

ginnz

« Reply #89 on: Apr 02, 2005, 06:42 PM »
blue.

no doubt about it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.