FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cod Fishing Report  (Read 2823 times)

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
Cod Fishing Report
« on: May 13, 2004, 06:17 PM »
Fished the Yellowbird today out of Newburyport, MA.  Ended up fishing in-shore humps seas were 6-8ft.  First stop we caught most of our fish - pulling them up left and right mostly cod, some haddock.  Jigs did the best - bait caught on towards the end to catch a few haddock.  Pool winner was caught on first stop - my guess weight was 30lbs (cod).  Mate said there was at least 2-3 other fish as big lost on the surface.   Rest of the day was a slow pick.  I ended up with 4 cod 8-14lbs, 1 red fish, 1 haddock - keeper.  Good captain and mate.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

bucksdad

Re: Cod Fishing Report
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 09:07 PM »
Hey fishercat looks like you fish the north shore. My son and I are going for flounder off the salem willows Pier next saturday care to hook up?

fishercat

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 05:06 PM »
bucksdad thanks for the invite.  I am from western Ma., the Amherst area.  I don't fish the north shore often - only fish it a few times a year out of the party boats - usually with a group from work.  We are probably going again in June.  I would be interested in hearing how you did!!
Thanks again- fishercat  :) :)
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

mrlongbeard1

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 08:57 PM »
   What are the Party boats charging for cod trips??

fishercat

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 05:45 AM »
Paid $42 for the Yellow Bird ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.