FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: schoharie creek walleyes  (Read 7308 times)

Dan_lais

• waiting for ice.
schoharie creek walleyes
« on: Aug 14, 2010, 06:55 AM »
well believe it or not we hit the creek early yesterday morning and caught 6 walleyes in 30 mins or so.with the biggest being 26 inches.the others were 15-18.i managed to not catch any and they had 3 apiece.i missed 1 they each missed about 4.then it was a light switch the sun got just high enough must be then nothing would bite in the hole.as for pictuers im up to my bellybutton or sternum in water so the camera stays home,but the next time we go it will be earlier and im going to bring a camera.

filetandrelease

Re: schoharie creek walleyes
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2010, 12:29 PM »
good job

Chainsaw

« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2010, 02:40 PM »
Nice catchin'. What are they hitting on. I'd been worming right along with a few stickbaits thrown in.

crazyfisher

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2010, 05:06 PM »
Where is Schoharie creek?

iceplank

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2010, 07:21 PM »
nice. i have never caught more then 2  at time out of there but pound the fat smallies. i love the schoharie valley!! :-* :P

mrfish365

« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2010, 09:21 AM »
how far up were you fishing?

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2010, 10:36 AM »
I lived in the village of Schoharie for 6 years and fished the creek often. I was suprised by the size of some of the walleye in there. I once took two fish just shy of 26" one day. They are funny looking fish, giant heads with long lean bodies, you tell they have grown up in a stream. I would regularly pick up a strangler walleye mixed in with smallies... 6 in 30 minutes must be a record though...nice job!!!
shut up and fish

Dan_lais

• waiting for ice.
« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2010, 12:43 PM »
all stick baits.fishing just below mill point.we just hit them perfectly must be but ill tell ya i was mighty jealous of them.i wanted to land one so bad.goin back to give it a try tonight.tonight i bring the worms and i just invited myself so my chances are lookin good.

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2010, 12:01 PM »
I used to fish a watermellon or motor oil twister on an 1/8 oz or 1/4 oz head and pick up some walleye in there....good luck.  Smallies wack it pretty good too. 
shut up and fish

Dan_lais

• waiting for ice.
« Reply #9 on: Aug 17, 2010, 06:12 PM »
well i caved and brought 2 buddies so much for keepin it hidden.lol.my first cast was off my target so i began to reel fast to get it where i wanted it and i had a walleye come right up and just miss it by shore.(first dumb move)then my third cast i had a nice mid twenties walleye on and my buddies eyes lit up.got it all the way to the 3 foot shelf and my buddy grabbed the line.i said hand on then we decided to try to lift up(second dumb move)my line snapped instantly and lure and fish slowly slipped under the water.at that same time my buddy said nice one on!!!!!i said holy walleye .this time we took it over to a spot we could get down and get it.landed that one 25 inches and heavy.We had a few more hits then everything shut down.so we went down to the other end of the hole and let them be for an hour.we went back and stayed back away from the hole and my first cast BAM 22.5 incher landed and they kept hitting in that hole till we had 6 landed and prolly the same amount missed and one lonely bass.next time the camera is coming in the waterproof bag.it was my buddys biggest walleye and i know there is a wall hanger in there.ill keep you guys posted.

Issiah

« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2010, 07:08 PM »
Nice Dan!  Sounds like you found a Honey Hole :o   I'd luv to be catching big Walleyes right now, instead of puttering around for Bass

Dan_lais

• waiting for ice.
« Reply #11 on: Aug 18, 2010, 03:29 PM »
back at it again tonight but this time i have the camera in a ziplock and a scale so i can see just how heavy they are.hopefully my spot isnt full of buddies.lol.now that im prepared to take some pictures im sure it will be a slow night.ill post the pics tomorrow night.

Chainsaw

« Reply #12 on: Aug 18, 2010, 08:45 PM »
I've been wondering who it's been that's fishing in a place I've fished for years. We live just 'Up the Crick' in Carlisle. I have pics of a Bald Eagle at the head of that hole from last Fall. I also picked up, besides the well over 23'' Wally's, a 22'' Smallie on a white/black head Mr. Twister. I've been pretty sick what with the Chemo and haven't been able to get there lately but don't be surprised to see me there with the 12 year old son of a friend thinking I 'Stole yer spot'. If I can find the chip I'll have my camera with me and show you that Eagle. It is really cool. I just can't post pics on this computer right now 'till I get it fixed.

Enjoy. If you'd like to catch some Tiger Trout in this area get to my PM and I'll let you know here and how.

mrfish365

« Reply #13 on: Aug 19, 2010, 01:56 PM »
hows the water level in the creek lookin?  ... i think im going to a little exploring this weekend.

fishandy

« Reply #14 on: Aug 19, 2010, 02:06 PM »
i caught 2 there last night

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.