FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Waders for kids  (Read 3027 times)

Bartman44

Waders for kids
« on: Apr 02, 2004, 06:20 AM »
Both of my son's (ages 11 and 16) have outgrown their neoprenes and need new waders. Has anyone had any luck (bad or good) with lower-end breathables or lightweights (e.g., hodgeman, cabelas, etc) ?

I'm looking to spend less than 100 bucks on each set (not including boots).

Sure, I could get them Orvis, Simms, etc but they are growing like weeds.

Thanks,
Bart

Cider

Re: Waders for kids
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2004, 03:01 PM »
Bartman I refuse to spend the money on Orvis or Simms and other high-end waders.  I am sure that they are very good, but just not worth the $300 in my opinion.  I use Cabela's Dry Plus II breathable waders and Hodgman Bantam weight felt sole wading boots.  Both are very inexpensive.  I think the total cost is around $150.  I am in my fourth season with my current waders and expect to get at least a couple more out of them.  You won't go wrong with them.

Bartman44

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2004, 05:44 PM »
Cider,

Thanks for the comments,

Looking at Cabelas now,
Bart

livin4ice

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2004, 07:50 PM »
I don't blame you for not wanting to spend the money.  I won't even spend that kind of money on myself.  The areas I go to are kinda rough and we have to hike a ways.  It's not a matter of IF I will put a hole in mine, it's when.  The Orvis and Simms let in just as much water as the Cabela's when they have a hole.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2004, 11:34 PM »
I'm 15, I used to have cabelas but now I have hodgemans. They are XL stout though as I am 5'11" 200 lbs, so not really for kids :o :o :o

I got my first pair when I was 11, cabelas medium stout. I got my new hodgemans for $39.99 at sportsmans warehouse, what a buy :o :o :o I hope to use them for 3 years until I grow even bigger when I'm 18 and done growing

Cider

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2004, 08:13 AM »
Hate to break it to you TFB, but the males of the species don't stop growing until they are 25!!  :o  You are right though, most of your drastic growth spurts will be over by 18!!  ;)

broken rod

• CPR
« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2004, 08:17 AM »
im 30 and my belly still hasnt stopped growing ;D
tight lines, chuck

reubenpa

« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2004, 08:53 PM »
22 and I stopped growing at 17, stopped growing fast at 15... I am 6'3" now, was 6-1 at 15  and have been 200 lb for 5 years... and have been married for almost 2!!!!  jsut had to add that for people like broken rods benefit!!!   JK  TFB you might be done growing... or you might grow into your twenties... my bro who is my height grew while in college!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2004, 08:59 PM »
Cider, check out my post on the General page for waders.  For a long term buy, if what IFF says is true, then it may be worth the extra money...GUARANTEED FOR LIFE!!!  Wow...if they leak or are punctured they replace them.  I'll have to find out more about this and post my findings.  I'm savin' my money.

For kids, I wonder if those cheap inexpensive types come in small enough sizes (light weight ones, not the rubber vulcanized ones)...  That may be the way to go for my daughter.  I can't see spending a lot of money if they are just going to grow out of them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.