FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Softwater location?????  (Read 3969 times)

pinche

• Amen
Softwater location?????
« on: Apr 17, 2006, 12:48 PM »
Do the larger perch move to a different location in the summer months ? In the hard water season i can catch larger perch almost daily but when summer hits almost nothing of any size. whered they go?
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

JimP

Re: Softwater location?????
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2006, 02:51 AM »
We've caught big perch well after dark, when nightfishing deep for rainbows, under a lantern. I'm not saying they all go deep, but we seldom see any small ones while fishing in this manner. Though the rainbows stay deep (we only use the lantern to see our lines) those big perch come right up under the lantern and are seen feeding on fry and zooplankton (daphnia). In most cases, we were anchored in 35-40 feet of water. This was in the heat of the summer. -Jim

Big Burk

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 11:50 PM »
i have caugh a good number of 13-15 inchers in weedbeds in 2-15fow. caugh them on small five-of-dimonds and 1 and 2 inch shad raps.

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 12:44 PM »
I've found them on very shallow sand flats.   3 feet deep.   Also thick shallow weeds.
care for a warm up?

Official authority on the Kraken

The "Habitual Offender" of the MIRC - I need a clear glass plate

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 04:51 PM »
Once the water gets into the 70's, I've found just about all my big perch on offshore structure.  Offshore rock humps that come up to 10-20 feet with some weed patches and are surrounded by deep water are just about a guarantee to have big perch on top or around them.

I catch them throwing 1/16 to 1/8oz jig and plastics tipped with worms, and just plain old worms on the bottom.

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2006, 03:25 PM »
They must be more spread out in the summer because I am having a hard time finding any over 7 inches like I said before its not a problem in the winter but summertime for me ARRRRRRGHHHHH :cursing: ill keep trying
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

King Fisher

• Born to FISH forced to WORK!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2006, 07:44 PM »
Keep at 'em!  Im going to give them a try this weekend!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.