FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The herring are here!  (Read 2780 times)

Rev. N.

Re: The herring are here!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 20, 2011, 12:32 PM »
bump...

stringer01

« Reply #16 on: Apr 26, 2011, 08:43 AM »
heard someone i would imagine dec netted a sixty one pounder thats huge to bad it didnt make it out of the net !!!

Inwellb4light

« Reply #17 on: Apr 26, 2011, 08:58 AM »
hahaha, this late run has got everyone extremely bored and delirious.  That story has been all over the forums... It first appeared on a maryland thread where it had apparently happened in the Chesapeake Bay where a large net had turned up a handful of large striper (4 or 5 in the 40-50lb range and one over 60) since then this story has been claimed to have happened all over, including our hudson river! For now the record is safe with outdoorsman and trust me if it does get broken we will all know about it and there will be pictures to prove it, instead of hearsay and speculation. 

Hopefully last night was the last big shot of rain for us, and the river will clear and calm by the weekend.  This warm air moving in today should warm the river temps into the 50's and once the debris clears and the water turbidity calms herring should be easy to come by and the striper will be here. Then we can all start making fish stories of our own!!!

Good luck everyone
I tend to think of "LUCK" as the point at which preparation meets opportunity...

stringer01

« Reply #18 on: Apr 26, 2011, 09:05 AM »
sorry saw it on river basin reports thought it might have some truth guess not

Inwellb4light

« Reply #19 on: Apr 26, 2011, 09:13 AM »
sorry saw it on river basin reports thought it might have some truth guess not

No need for apologies man, sorry if i came of as a dick. This story's been floating around for close to a week now and I've watched it grow and grow and its just funny to me how the late arrival of the fish and the cold and turbulent waters causes all this hype and puts everyone on edge.  I wanna get down there just as much as the next guy and there are fish being caught some in the 30-40" range but conditions are no where near ideal yet.  Soon though!
I tend to think of "LUCK" as the point at which preparation meets opportunity...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.