FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Life time license  (Read 3862 times)

skells23

Life time license
« on: Aug 04, 2019, 05:30 PM »
Does any one know what kind of documentation you need to purchase a life time lecense? Its my little brother's 30th bday coming up and i want to purchase him a life time sportsman as a surprise gift. If you need a license i think i could pull off grabbing it and making a copy of it but i dont know if they would accept it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Life time license
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2019, 05:35 PM »
I  think he  has  to  sign  for it  so  put the  check in  a  card  and tell him  you'll take  him  down to get it
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

jperch

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2019, 06:00 PM »
I think Trapper is correct.  It's been a while since I bought mine but I imagine you need proof of Hunter Ed (previous license) and proof of being a current resident (driver license).

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2019, 06:01 PM »
I  think he  has  to  sign  for it  so  put the  check in  a  card  and tell him  you'll take  him  down to get it

http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/6099.html

skells23

« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2019, 06:07 PM »
Thank you all very much i appreciate it

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2019, 09:49 AM »
I checked the link that Mac provided and found an interesting fact.....with my lifetime NY license it remains valid even if I move to another state....so when I move to Florida I just need to update my new address with the state and I'll continue to receive my new license every year....that was good to hear
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

camet5

« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2019, 10:25 AM »
You also retain resident status if you purchase additional licenses. I have my lifetime hunt/fish but not my archery when I lived in VA I was able to buy my archery tag at resident cost.

skells23

« Reply #7 on: Aug 05, 2019, 05:23 PM »
Update.. I contacted my local town hall and they said since he already is in the dec system as far as hunting and fishing license all i need i a picturebof his drivers license. Now i just need to figure out how to get a hold of that without him knowing.

Mac Attack

« Reply #8 on: Aug 05, 2019, 05:45 PM »
Update.. I contacted my local town hall and they said since he already is in the dec system as far as hunting and fishing license all i need i a picturebof his drivers license. Now i just need to figure out how to get a hold of that without him knowing.

Are any of your friends a cop?
They can get it for you.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 06, 2019, 05:50 AM »
what a great gift to give  any outdoorsman.................I  just had  to  buy my hunting and  fishing license
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

camet5

« Reply #10 on: Aug 06, 2019, 08:40 AM »
what a great gift to give  any outdoorsman.................I  just had  to  buy my hunting and  fishing license

They are a great gift for sure, I just bought my grandson his for his 5th birthday, he will always have hunting/fishing privileges in New York state.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Aug 06, 2019, 02:46 PM »
Great gift. I have had one for some time now.
Got my tags in the mail last week and DMP's are in the mail..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Aug 06, 2019, 04:29 PM »
can you print out a copy of one then write in his name to give him?  then you can purchase a real one the correct way.

I advise all to get lifetimes if your state offers it.  we had them for years but not anymore.  they raised the price on them a couple times and people got wise and all bought lifetimes. they did away with them after seeing their cash cow dying.  they still raising tags and stamp for those that have to buy them.  I think 1 deer tag is 20something now days.  mine paid for itself years ago.  all I have to buy to hunt or fish is federal stamps.  but I don't hunt anything federal so I been running free for better than 25years.  get yours before you cant anymore!  we also have lifetime carry permits.

What's a "lifetime carry permit"?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2019, 07:14 PM »
Never mind...you're in Indiana I assume.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

piscesman

« Reply #14 on: Aug 08, 2019, 07:14 PM »
Bought my Life Time Fishing only, sorry don't hunt, the 2nd year offered. Crazy amount of time to get it but well worth it. I believe $250 at the time. Paid for itself 6 years ago. Finally convinced wife to get hers and will be paid for in 2 years. Love the forever in which state you live and can fish here for free.........
     Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.