FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bullhead fishing  (Read 8551 times)

62 & Done

Re: Bullhead fishing
« Reply #30 on: Apr 12, 2023, 03:14 PM »
Ah ya  Talapia....... grown right in yur very own septic system some where in Vietnam    No thanks, I'll stick with my spring run bullheads

filetandrelease

« Reply #31 on: Apr 12, 2023, 03:16 PM »
 I guess the choice is tilapia or mud guzzler 😃

62 & Done

« Reply #32 on: Apr 12, 2023, 03:57 PM »
Never ate a carp   can't say I wouldn't try one  just haven't  same thing as a sucker right ?   I know folks used to spear them by the buckets  OOPS  there we go talking about spearing again

greensider

« Reply #33 on: Apr 12, 2023, 04:27 PM »
Commercially sold Tilapia are from the striper farms in the south west where they are used to clean up the crap from the stripers raised in holding ponds

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #34 on: Apr 12, 2023, 06:07 PM »
they  commercialy raise  tilapia  right in ithaca  ny

the largest  commercial   tilapia  farm in the world  is blue ridge aquaculture  in ridgeway  virgina ...they  use  a  recirculating aquaculture system that  is  cleaning the  water  constantly the  fish  are  cleaner then  wild  fish we  catch and  far less chemical  contaiminants .... cheap  high protien  high  vitanin   containt and the  forth largest  fish  sold in america  ........  i'll eat em ......
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mac Attack

« Reply #35 on: Apr 12, 2023, 06:49 PM »
I have, still do, and will continue to eat them.

62 & Done

« Reply #36 on: Apr 12, 2023, 06:51 PM »
Isn't tilapia the main ingredient in a Mcdonalds fish samich ?  I guess they're ok

trapper2000

« Reply #37 on: Apr 13, 2023, 03:46 AM »
mc donalds  fillet  mc fish are  alaskain  pollock

the talks   that  tilapia  are raised in look  exactly  like  the  tanks in most fish hatcherys they are  feed  a  mainly a  veg based  diet

62 & Done

« Reply #38 on: Apr 13, 2023, 07:29 AM »
All rite  all rite  I guess they're edible    I still like my bull heads     Trapp :   " 3:46 AM"    did you stay up all nite researching this or were you just returning from a bull head nite

Mac Attack

« Reply #39 on: Apr 13, 2023, 09:05 AM »
All rite  all rite  I guess they're edible    I still like my bull heads     Trapp :   " 3:46 AM"    did you stay up all nite researching this or were you just returning from a bull head nite

It was actually 4:46.
Your settings are off an hour.

trapper2000

« Reply #40 on: Apr 13, 2023, 09:13 AM »
nope  years ago i heard all th  BS  about how  they are  fed poop and raised in sewers so i looked into it ....i do this  before i belive any thing i  read on the internet
so let me ask you a  question  do you sleep well at night believing stupid   fake news and  internet  gossip ???? all the  food accept what we hunt and  fish  (and a lot of that is  farmed!)  is all farm raised  beef lamp  pork  chicken and all prodouce  ....mention sea food and  people start talking foolishness and  fictious storys .......  sorta like  micro chips in covid shots  ....wasn't me at 446 in the  morning  or 346  .......

greensider

« Reply #41 on: Apr 13, 2023, 11:22 AM »
I saw a documentary on farming stripers in the desert in large stock tanks and they used carp and telopia to reduce the waste aka poop in the tanks then discovered that telopia actually tasted better then the stripers and that's was the start of farming them

62 & Done

« Reply #42 on: Apr 13, 2023, 12:03 PM »
nope  years ago i heard all th  BS  about how  they are  fed poop and raised in sewers so i looked into it ....i do this  before i belive any thing i  read on the internet
so let me ask you a  question  do you sleep well at night believing stupid   fake news and  internet  gossip ???? all the  food accept what we hunt and  fish  (and a lot of that is  farmed!)  is all farm raised  beef lamp  pork  chicken and all prodouce  ....mention sea food and  people start talking foolishness and  fictious storys .......  sorta like  micro chips in covid shots  ....wasn't me at 446 in the  morning  or 346  .......
at my age I have no trouble sleeping thank you

Mac Attack

« Reply #43 on: Apr 13, 2023, 12:07 PM »
mc donalds  fillet  mc fish are  alaskain  pollock

the talks   that  tilapia  are raised in look  exactly  like  the  tanks in most fish hatcherys they are  feed  a  mainly a  veg based  diet

It was you at 4:46

trapper2000

« Reply #44 on: Apr 13, 2023, 12:34 PM »
nope i got on at  530 waiting for light to fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.