FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New walleye rod?  (Read 5042 times)

Rags777

New walleye rod?
« on: Feb 19, 2016, 10:35 PM »
Anyone familiar with the new g loomis gs6 rods? Reasonably priced compared to the other rods out there. Thinking about giving one a try this year, any opinion out there ( because I know there is none of them floating around ;)), or even some other suggestions. Have always used cabelas IM7 rods with good results, but a all around technique rod would be sweet to have!

boondox

Re: New walleye rod?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2016, 02:22 AM »

is that the e6x? from loomis rods? to me they look over priced? but that just the name your buying if you ask me? got to remember gary loomis owns north fork composites now.. see link and sell blanks only that what I would suggest if you wanted a nice rod.. if looking at factory rods check out okuma rods I think the dead eye series is the way to go for a dedicated walleye rod... that or shimano some thing like a clarus or convergence or even a fenwick in the walleye series...   any ways here is a link to north fork composites.. me I like okuma too so there you go also don't forget about tfo rods there endorsed by gary loomis too ..

http://www.northforkcomposites.com/content/legacy

Jimbo911

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2016, 10:54 PM »
St Croix Eyecon. 7MLF.
Jim

jeffd7766

« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2016, 07:14 AM »
Airrus micropuls x 6'9 ml. It is by far the best rod I've used for walleye. Pair that up with a shimano stradic ci4+ and you've got yourself one slick set up. The rod has a very nice tip for jigging but will also throw stick baits very nicely.

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2016, 11:09 AM »
 I went into Basspro looking to spend 40-50 bucks and picked up about every rod they had. There was really a big difference in quality when you get to the 80-100 range.  I bought a Browning superlight 7.0ft medium action, really like this for a jig stick, very light and very sensitive - think it was 90 or 100 bucks. As soon as I took this rod off the rack I said wow this is awesome and I just couldn't leave the store without it.
shut up and fish

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2016, 05:21 PM »
  You've opened Pandora's box....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.