FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout Opener  (Read 18896 times)

Jdawg67

Trout Opener
« on: Mar 21, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Well I have put away the ice gear, and I'm ready for trout season.   Time to dust off the ultra lites, Line up the reels,  Organize the spinners, and load up the vest.  11 days 15 hours to go.  At least that much time if you wait until sunrise to start fishing.  So lets hear where will everyone be fishing?  Does anyone think the streams will be cleared up for the opener?  I think that old man winter held on too long this year for us to have a good opener. 

JDawg 

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: Trout Opener
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2005, 03:58 PM »
I'll be on either the Basic or Hannacroix Creek, probably leaning towards the Basic. The Hannacroix will probably have better water levels where I am fishing it, but I know the Basic a lot better. It should be pretty settled down by then I am guessing, the weather';s working in my favor I think. :)

UPSTATE

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2005, 04:03 PM »
 Ill be on some secrete locations up here in upsate ill post some pics on opening day i cant wait  ;D
just tryin to get her done

Jdawg67

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2005, 04:24 PM »
I'll be fishing Clear, Genny, the Catt, East, Wis, and Canasaraga.   Pretty much a game time descision depending on the water clarity. 

Deposit

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2005, 07:10 PM »
I'll be following camo_fish for acouple of days (he knows some usual hot spots) then I plan on heading to catherine creek in schyler county to try and hit some of those big rainbows Can't wait

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2005, 07:31 PM »
I'll be following camo_fish for acouple of days (he knows some usual hot spots) then I plan on heading to catherine creek in schyler county to try and hit some of those big rainbows Can't wait
Does camo know that you're going to be following him? ;D

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2005, 07:54 PM »
i'll (hopefully) be sitting on a secret side channel to the salmon river on april 1st...my opening day trout spot dried up a few years ago, and I have given up on it.

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2005, 09:12 PM »
Does camo know that you're going to be following him? ;D
yes sir'ry, Deposit has 2 days off and we plan to hunt down some trouties.  :D If not, find a lake or throw the boat in the river. But, trout is 1st on the menu.  ;)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

got em

« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2005, 09:36 PM »
 ;) basic or hannacroix? I'v been fishing the hannacroix on opening day for the last twenty or so years...from the hollow to the falls in coeymans to the river..aint no trout in them waters..lol.. ;)

archbishop

« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2005, 07:58 AM »
i was thinking of hitting a local stream but there stocking late this year and it will probably be packed with people trying to pluck the ignorant fish outta the water hopefully i can hit a spot people havnt figured out yet

Jdawg67

« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2005, 08:05 AM »
Who will be out in the southern tier?  Any idea's on streams that wont be chocolate milk for the opener.   My best bet has always been clear.   Any other ideas?

JDawg

archbishop

« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2005, 08:15 AM »
where in the southern tier our streams arent too bad on the western side and with this melt off coming now it will give them a little more time to clear up good luck to you either way

butterworm

« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2005, 11:17 AM »
where in the southern tier our streams arent too bad on the western side and with this melt off coming now it will give them a little more time to clear up good luck to you either way
hope to be on the banks of the catt or ishuae as long as they are not to high. ???has anybody noticed the new regs for the ishuae in the franklinville town limits. it is catch and
release only. no live bait . artificial only.

Hookset

« Reply #13 on: Mar 22, 2005, 11:43 AM »
I think I am going to try to get out on the Snook Kill for the opener, if I can get out of the office.  The runoff should be subsiding by then...hopefully.  Hope to find a couple of holdovers.
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

archbishop

« Reply #14 on: Mar 22, 2005, 01:01 PM »
hope to be on the banks of the catt or ishuae as long as they are not to high. ???has anybody noticed the new regs for the ishuae in the franklinville town limits. it is catch and
release only. no live bait . artificial only

good thing you said that butterworm (lol) i didnt even notice that in the regs you saved me a potential fine

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.