FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout Opener  (Read 18897 times)

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: Trout Opener
« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2005, 01:30 PM »
I think I am going to try to get out on the Snook Kill for the opener, if I can get out of the office.  The runoff should be subsiding by then...hopefully.  Hope to find a couple of holdovers.
I'm sure there will be a few at the bottom of the tri-falls and down thru the windy bends in some of those deep holes. There was a new tree down in the creek I think last year, should be a few hanging in there.  ;)  I have that Friday off, maybe we could hook up and hit a few spots.  ;D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 22, 2005, 02:35 PM »
I won't be out opening day (gotta work  >:(), but I was looking at giving clear creek a try on Sat or Sun.  I always like that place.  Also, might try Ishua, Mansfield or a few small streams that I know that are usually clear.  A lot is going to depend on the conditions I find, but I'll be standing in a creek somewhere in the soutern tier!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

onyunn

• Bassin'
« Reply #17 on: Mar 23, 2005, 05:44 AM »
East Koy, or the Wiscoy in Genesee Falls.  The latter only if the ice is gone off the falls.  The latter is also where the East Koy merges with the Wiscoy.  Awesome fishing, not too many guys fishing it, and holds some enormous fish.  There are 4 seperate falls, and a good angler path, it's catch and eat!
There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process.  ~Paul O'Neil, 1965

butterworm

« Reply #18 on: Mar 23, 2005, 08:27 AM »
East Koy, or the Wiscoy in Genesee Falls.  The latter only if the ice is gone off the falls.  The latter is also where the East Koy merges with the Wiscoy.  Awesome fishing, not too many guys fishing it, and holds some enormous fish.  There are 4 seperate falls, and a good angler path, it's catch and eat!
hey unyunn. that sounds like a good time. would like to try that out sometime,maybe we can meet up during the season along with archbishop and have a day at it. shore lunch would be cool 8)

Jdawg67

« Reply #19 on: Mar 23, 2005, 08:38 AM »
I normally fish East and wis koy, but I have not fished the area where they come together.  I normally fish by the farm on 39.  Tghe cows normally get very interested when your walking in the water.  Where do you park to fish the falls? 

d_balm24

• WORK is for people who don't know how to FISH.
« Reply #20 on: Mar 23, 2005, 09:25 AM »
might have saved you a ticket but are they gonna be giving little kids tickets for using worms in the creek.I don't mind the catch and release or even artificials only but little kids aren't gonna know this.So there gonna get a ticket and get haseled and probably never fish again

Jdawg67

« Reply #21 on: Mar 23, 2005, 09:29 AM »
D-Balm, What creek are you talking about? 

butterworm

« Reply #22 on: Mar 23, 2005, 09:53 AM »
might have saved you a ticket but are they gonna be giving little kids tickets for using worms in the creek.I don't mind the catch and release or even artificials only but little kids aren't gonna know this.So there gonna get a ticket and get haseled and probably never fish again
D-Balm, What creek are you talking about?
he is talking about the ishuae in franklinville,ny.

Jdawg67

« Reply #23 on: Mar 23, 2005, 10:05 AM »
The "No Kill Zone."  I completely agree with "No Kill Zones"  Look at the one on the Wis along 39.  That place is a gold mine.  It is tougher to catch fish, but the ones you get are worth the extra effort. 

On the kid point.  If the kid is too small to understand what the rules are for that specific stream, then he/she should be with an adult who can be held resposible.  Don't get me wrong, I love to see kids out there fishing.  I can't wait to have kids of my own to take fishing.   They should however be old enough to understand the rules if they are out by themselves.   

butterworm

« Reply #24 on: Mar 23, 2005, 10:19 AM »
The "No Kill Zone."  I completely agree with "No Kill Zones"  Look at the one on the Wis along 39.  That place is a gold mine.  It is tougher to catch fish, but the ones you get are worth the extra effort. 

On the kid point.  If the kid is too small to understand what the rules are for that specific stream, then he/she should be with an adult who can be held resposible.  Don't get me wrong, I love to see kids out there fishing.  I can't wait to have kids of my own to take fishing.   They should however be old enough to understand the rules if they are out by themselves.   
have to agree with you jdawg67. i also agree with the no kill zone. i have fished this creek for yrs and it is nothing like it was when i was a kid. i was hoping that they would do this sooner than later.

d_balm24

« Reply #25 on: Mar 23, 2005, 10:21 AM »
there are alot of little kids that fish in their own backyards after school. I know when I was a little kid I didn't wait for dad to come home to go fishin I just went. I hate to see kids getting tickets for using worms in the creek. They should have not made it artificials only right there in town.

d_balm24

« Reply #26 on: Mar 23, 2005, 10:23 AM »
yeah fishin used to be a lot better when I was a little kid. Hope it gets better now that they have the catch and release. It will really benefit use fishermen who are catch and release fishermen anyhow.

Jdawg67

« Reply #27 on: Mar 28, 2005, 09:07 AM »
Anyone down in the souther tier been able to check on water levels yet?  Looking for a report on Clear, Catt, Hosmer, East, Wis, or Canasaraga.  Any of these will do nicely.  Also, how much snow is there down there still? 

d_balm24

« Reply #28 on: Mar 28, 2005, 09:17 AM »
Not a lot of snow but the creeks are lookin like they will be high. Already starting to get up there and we are supposed to get more rain this week. I think they will be fishable but  tough. I will get the details later in the week and let you know how the creeks here in the southern tier are looking.

archbishop

« Reply #29 on: Mar 28, 2005, 09:18 AM »
well theres really no snow down here in the southern tier those creeks are a little above us though but i went to buffalo up 219 friday and over catt creek above the dam in springville the water was a little high but theres not much snow so run off should be minimal as long as the rain stops the opener should be pretty nice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.