FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: starting to get perch in fulton.  (Read 2671 times)

MACHINIST

starting to get perch in fulton.
« on: Mar 24, 2005, 02:28 PM »
There has been alot of people getting perch in fulton behind black clawson,using minnows and spikes.

MACHINIST

Re: starting to get perch in fulton.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2005, 12:00 PM »
went down to the river today and caught 28 nice perch 7-10 inch with fatheads and small niagra's.fished from 6-10 this morning.Bring your waders if you want to get to the end of the rocks behind black clawson.

MACHINIST

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2005, 10:20 AM »
I went down to the river today and only caught 9 keepers,real slow today.

Angler

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2005, 10:55 AM »
  How deep is it behind there? I tried down here in mionetto this morning and only caught 1.

Angler

MACHINIST

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2005, 05:07 PM »
The channel is about 20-25 fow and you fish right in the channel almost under the bridge.We set up just like we are bullhead fishing and tip with fatheads or buckeyes.I wont be down on friday because of the trout opener but I will probably go down on saturday.hope to see you there.

Angler

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2005, 06:58 PM »
 Ive tried a few times back there but always later in the day. They bite better early morning? Many thanks

Angler

MACHINIST

« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2005, 05:41 AM »
I have two friend's that were down there at 7 pm last night and still catching fish,they said that they were not going to leave until they stopped bighting.still using the same stuff fatheads and buckeyes.On friday they were taking anything that you threw at them,but saturday they only wanted fresh minnows.

hayfieldheller

« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2005, 10:44 AM »
I have two friend's that were down there at 7 pm last night and still catching fish,they said that they were not going to leave until they stopped bighting.still using the same stuff fatheads and buckeyes.On friday they were taking anything that you threw at them,but saturday they only wanted fresh minnows.
i was fishing lake pleasent last week and had the same deal happen to me, tuesday the pearch would bite almost anything you threw at them, but wednesday they only wanted fresh minnows, little ones, hooked threw the mouth or tail not threw the back, and would only bite on lures with alot of green on them. it was a wierd couple of days but productive, caught over 60 fish in two days including smbass, pickeral, and even two eye's. imagine what day three would have brought.

Angler

« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2005, 04:08 PM »
 Super :) I may stop down saturday morning if it's not over crowded.

many thanks,

Angler

MACHINIST

« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2005, 05:46 AM »
Get there early,last saturday I got there at 5:30 and there were already 6 guys setup.If you have a set of hip waders then you can walk across a shallow ledge and getover to the rocks farther down the river,but the guys that have fished there haven't been cathing as the people on the small cement wall.Hopefully the ice that is in the channel will melt and then we can fish on the other wall.

Angler

« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2005, 12:18 PM »
 y ou guys get any this weekend with all this rain?  Trout fishing was out this weekend so i scored some bullhead down in oswego. was thinking of tossing on the poncho and trying for some perches this afternoon, just curious if the bite was still hott.

angler

MACHINIST

« Reply #11 on: Apr 04, 2005, 01:44 PM »
I went out friday and got into them real good until I was kicked out of my spot by the owner of the marina I was at,ohwell he owns it and I dont.I fished for 1/2 hor and cuaght 20 fish,7 were keepable one nice 12 incher the others were 8-10.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.