FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: april 1 trout!  (Read 11115 times)

PERCH INC.

• Monster Perch Rulz!!!!
Re: april 1 trout!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2005, 06:00 PM »
More then likely the Poestenkill creek. That's if the level goes down!!
Pass it on !! "Hunting and Fishing"

d_balm24

• WORK is for people who don't know how to FISH.
« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2005, 09:05 AM »
hey outdoorsmen awesome picture. Did you have someone climb a tree for that aerial shot. good luck on friday

fishfearme

« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2005, 09:43 AM »
I don't know much about trout fishing, but I plan to goto Owasco inlet..  What is the best bait to use early down there? Anyone know? 

great choice......nice bows.spawnsacks all the way.normaly orange but if the pressure is high don't be scared to use a yellow one.sometimes just a little change makes a big difference.get fresh eggs at most bait shops not the jars with oil.
Dave

outdoorsman

« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2005, 09:47 AM »
d_balm24,

It's actually from a bridge.  Thanks for the compliment, it's my friend's picture though...he is a really good photographer! 

He has a website where he posts the pics www.troutnut.com ...on there, they are full-size (huge).  Don't think he has the newest ones up yet, but there are a lot of nice ones there.

"I just want to get the work over as soon as possible so I can do some fishing. Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except that I still get to kill something."

archbishop

« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2005, 09:56 AM »
thats a nice site ill have to spend some more time there i like the underwater pics ill have to take some time to check out the rest though

d_balm24

« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2005, 11:08 AM »
Great site. Keep those awesome pics comin. ;D

Hood

« Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2005, 11:50 AM »
I had planned to ice fish a remote pond for lakers but have switched gears and am going to be in the Saranac river flyfishin between Plattsburgh and Saranac lake somwhere in search of a big early season brown.
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

onyunn

• Bassin'
« Reply #22 on: Mar 29, 2005, 06:36 PM »
Great overhead shot of the cast.  Can't wait to get out Friday morning at the crack ass of dawn.  I'll be at Easy Koy and or Wiscoy most of the day.......the water is high and the current obviously fast, and not quite as clear as I'd like, but I'll bet there are a few holdovers in that stream.

I haven't seen what the stream looks like in Genesee Falls where the Wiscoy and East Koy merge, but if the ice is gone, it could prove to be a nice spot to fish Saturday or Sunday.  There are 4-5 waterfalls, with great pools, just below a d**n.  If anyone is interested in making it a day...there is an overpass with a deep pool, and of course shelter for lunch should it decide to pour on us.  If the day is nice, the stretch between the road and the d**n provides some great vantage points and plenty of room for anglers.  Downstream from the road has less bank access, but lots of rocks and eddys that hold good numbers of browns.  Bring the hip or chest waders or prepare to swim!

Let me know if anyone is interested.  I'm game for sure, and so is Val (RochValerie).  This will be her first foray into trout fishing.  She obviously has done some ice fishing, some trib fishing on the Oak in the fall for Salmon, and a little Bass fishing in the summer.  So, we are ready to lose alot of lures in the process of increasing her fishing proficiency. 

Anyway, anyone who is game, PM me, and I'll post my number.
There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process.  ~Paul O'Neil, 1965

archbishop

« Reply #23 on: Mar 29, 2005, 08:35 PM »
not this time onyunn but we definitly owe you and devil-man a trip to your area as much as you come down to ours and watch out i think val is a ringer dont bet her anything shes done this before

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #24 on: Mar 30, 2005, 08:25 AM »
onyunn you're not just trying to line up some bodies in case you get stuck again, are you?  :whistling: :flex: :rotflol:  JK, I would love to fish in that area, those falls look awesome.  Last year was the first time I've ventured in that direction, fished a little stream call Trout Brook (I think) that had a bunch of brookies in it.  Empties into wiscoy I believe.  Wanted to try the wiscoy with my flyrod but never got to it  :'(.  Not sure about Sunday yet, but Saturday will be spent on my traditional opener streams around the Franklinville area.  Good luck.
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

d_balm24

« Reply #25 on: Mar 30, 2005, 08:29 AM »
good to hear form ya hardcore. Hopefully we will see ya on sat. I would love to fish up by onyunn sometime. It looks awesome.So serene lookin

butterworm

« Reply #26 on: Mar 30, 2005, 08:35 AM »
good to hear form ya hardcore. Hopefully we will see ya on sat. I would love to fish up by onyunn sometime. It looks awesome.So serene lookin
must be a new form of picture {brail} in order for derek to know what it is. ;)

archbishop

« Reply #27 on: Mar 30, 2005, 08:37 AM »
no hes like a deer he just cant see orange ;D

archbishop

« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2005, 10:20 AM »
i am free next weekend and have my gas allowance ;) and am willing to drive next weekend to onyunns area for anyone who wants to go i have a van and room for 3 more and gear

d_balm24

« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2005, 10:24 AM »
sounds good to me. Jay I have from april 16 to the 26 off from work. If case is unthawed we should take my boat out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.