FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Holy Crap!!  (Read 2846 times)

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Holy Crap!!
« on: Mar 28, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Saw a mature bald eagle about 30 feet from 787 today in cohoes, he was on a branch of the willow that is between 787 and the pond across from the mohawk papermill - first one for this year for me, but most certainly not the last

also i saw a group of seagulls chasing a ball of bait in the hudson off of the mouth of the postenkill, even though the water is chocolate.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: Holy Crap!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2005, 03:42 PM »
I see eagles occasionally at the Alcove Reservoir, probably 3-4 a year. The fly with the truck, only 30-40 feet away. Beautiful birds, they must be feasting on all the fish that we can't catch. :P

PERCH INC.

• Monster Perch Rulz!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2005, 05:58 PM »
I work in WATERFORD and the Bald Eagles are on the river all the time. Last fall I was doing my rounds down at the pump house and just as I walked out the back doors  witch leads to the river, a bald eagle had just catch a bass out of the water. Man that was so COOL!!   8)   The eagle was about 5ft. from ME!!!!  :o
Pass it on !! "Hunting and Fishing"

fishmix

• striper mania!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2005, 06:24 PM »
these are the things about fishing and being outdoors that make it so satisfing.... catching fish puts it over the top!!
Trollin-Trollin-Trollin.........Get those lakers trollin!

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2005, 06:32 PM »
we have a good population of bald eagles and osprey in allegany state park its a shame some people will never get to experiance such sites and wonders

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2005, 10:28 AM »
There is a pair of eagles living along the schoharie creek near Central Bridge.

chrisk

« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2005, 10:49 AM »
on the east branch of the delaware west of downsville on rt 30 i see baldies driving thru in winter. quess there there year round if your a bird watcher.

flipstick

« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2005, 11:08 AM »
Yeah, chrisk, there is a good year round population of eagles along both branches of the Delaware.  You'll see more in the winter, however, as the other water bodies freeze and the eagles migrate to the open water for feed.  They really are making an amazing comeback in the northeast. :thumbup_smilie:

Mentiply

• Crow Point, Lake George
« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2005, 11:12 AM »
This winter when I was going up to check the ice near my cabin on Lake George I thought I saw a Bald Eagle fly by low to the water but it moved so fast I am not completly sure. Anyone know if there are Eagles around Putnam Station?

yoda

« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2005, 12:23 PM »
There's a pair of them on the river near stottville in columbia county.  You just don't realize how big they are untill they fly over you, you can hear them move the air.

Deposit

« Reply #10 on: Apr 01, 2005, 12:26 PM »
Last summer I had one fly over me and a buddy on the mohawk!! It was perched in a tree nect to the river and took off when we fish the shore line near it. man you just don't realize how big they are untill you actuall see them up close and in person

livebuck

« Reply #11 on: Apr 01, 2005, 03:29 PM »
I live along the Hudson just across from Waterford and see them quite often.There was a nesting pair further up the river by the dam out on the biggest island

livebuck

« Reply #12 on: Apr 01, 2005, 03:30 PM »
I also see them alot up by the Tomhannock Reservoir

August West

« Reply #13 on: Apr 01, 2005, 03:35 PM »
Stillwater Res. has a nesting pair. We saw one of their offspring once, as it's head was not fully white yet. I lived in the Puget Sound the past couple of years. (Washington State) They are thick like seagulls out there. The highest population in the continental U.S. What a magnificent creature.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.