FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best Beer?  (Read 102586 times)

slipbob

Best Beer?
« on: Apr 07, 2004, 01:57 PM »
Okay what's your favorite brewsky.  I don't want to hear anything here less than 5 bucks a 6 pack.  You get what you pay for in beer like wine.  If it's less than 9 bucks a bottle it's most likely not good same with beer.  Yes there may be exceptions but anyway my tops is the products out of Sierra Nevada.  Tops is the stout, followed by the Celebration Ale which is a Christmastime only brew.  Next has got to be their Bigfoot Barleywine a spring only offering and their India Pale Ale which is draft only.  Saranac makes some fine brews as well as Brooklyn and Harpoon. 

Cider

Re: Best Beer?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2004, 02:16 PM »
Too much beer, not enough room to post....

I like Harpoon too.  Their brewery is right across the river from me in Windsor, VT.  I really liked Catamount before they were bought out by Harpoon.  They made an Oktoberfest that was awesome.

I also like Heineken, Guinness, Sam Adams, Long Trail Double Bag (double the alchohol content!!).  I really like dark stout beers that have a lot of body and bite to them.  Killian's Irish Red.  Red Stripe is pretty good.  There are a lot of German beers that I like.  Maisel's Weisse is my favorite.  I really got hooked on the hefeweizens when I was in the service.

I am going to break your rule though...  My all time favorite in-expensive, drink it very cold on the hottest day of the year beer is Budweiser!!!  They go down the best when it is hot out and you have been workin' or fishin' hard all day.  Heineken is pretty good at bbqs with a big fat steak too.

Somers

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2004, 02:16 PM »
I like the Sierras, Saranacs and Brooklyn beers as well.  I also like Magic Hat and some of the seasonal Sam Adams. 

Just keep the fruit out of my beer.  I can't stand Cranberry lambs dick, or any other cherry wheat, ginger brew, orange cinnamon crap.  What are we drinking here, beer or herbal tea???

AND I like those $5 sixers slipbob lol.  They're great on a hot summer day when they're ice cold and the fish are cooperating.

slipbob

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2004, 02:26 PM »
Somers you are so right no fruity flaky beers here.  Yeah okay 5 bucks a six when it's cold and you're real thirsty and have had 2 or 3 or 5 already is fine especially if I drank all my beers already.  I can't think of any right now but I'm sure they are there. 

Cider the buds I can't comment on it could start trouble but yeah Hefe's like Paulaner or Hoegarden are sweet.

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2004, 03:05 PM »
Now this is a good topic

My all time favorite beer is Ayinger Celebrator Dopple Bock from Germany.  Very dark but not as thick as Guinness.  I also like Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout from the UK.  Saranac has some good beers as well, Carmel Porter and Black Forest come to mind.  As you can probably tell, I'm a fan of dark beers!!

For that thirst quencher on a hot summer day, it would have to be Labatt Blue

My only comment about Budweiser ....   
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

slipbob

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2004, 03:13 PM »
Bobman I love it.  Absoulutely love it.  I don't know how the heck you did it but that's about one of the best posts ever.  Your bud comment is captivating and worth checking out for it's entertainment value.  Dark beers rule.  Porters, Stouts and such.  So much flavor rolling off the tongue.  Try the Sierra Nevada stout I think you would love it.  Nice complex and hoppy.  Layers and layers of flavor in fact I just put a sixer in fridge today of Sierra stout Porter and some Harpoon IPA's I know what I'll be reaching for in about an hour and a half when I get home.  The first thing I do when I get home from work is grab a coldie out of the fridge,  venture upstairs and change into my playclothes all the while grabbing some frosty sips along the way.  Hmmmmm beer!!!

reubenpa

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2004, 04:32 PM »
None at all is the best!!!!   I keep all two of my brian cells and I don't act like a drunken idiot!!!      Had to say it!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2004, 06:17 PM »
1-Molson Canadian
2-Tsing Tao
3-Molson XXX

"No Beer, No TV Make Homer Something...something....somethig!"
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

shark

« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2004, 07:33 PM »
Back when I used to it was Labatts Blue

Mark

chrisfrank

« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2004, 07:40 PM »
Great taste, less filling.   Miller light...   or MGD sometimes. 

livin4ice

« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2004, 08:41 PM »
I wouldn't be able to go on another day without my Honey Brown.  I also like Fosters and just about any German Wheat beer (cloudy, not filtered)

raleigh

« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2004, 09:46 PM »
1) Fat Tire
2)Honey Brown
3) plain old Bud
4) Coors Light

You can not go wrong with any of thoes beers ;D

devil-man

« Reply #12 on: Apr 08, 2004, 03:10 AM »
You guys ever heard of Rogue beers? They're from Newport, OR (I used to live out there) and they kick arse! You can try them at McGregor's, the Mecca of draft beer. Try such selections as Dead Guy Ale and Brutal Bitter. You can take home a growler or two when you find one you like. They're kind of hard to find in the store, but with a little searching...
My favorite cold summer beer is Blue.
I LOVE BEER!!!

fozsey

« Reply #13 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:36 AM »
Michelob Ultra, Michelob Golden Light, Silver bullet, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

fozsey

« Reply #14 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:42 AM »
Hey Bobman, you forgot this one... + =   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor