FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mille Lacs resort recommendation  (Read 2441 times)

Gillgrabber

Mille Lacs resort recommendation
« on: Aug 14, 2020, 07:49 PM »
Looking for some friendly advice:  My Dad just turned 80 and would like to go fishing on Mille lacs as we've always heard about the great fishing.  We've never fished it before.  My Dad uses a cane these days and doesn't get around as well as he used to.  I suspect he'll have some trouble getting in & out of my boat and won't do well in rough water.  Am I correct in thinking the waves on the West side of the lake will be a little calmer than other places on the lake? I know it depends on wind direction & speed but aren't the winds up there generally out of the West?
Any chance someone can recommend a place to stay on the West side that won't have a lot of steps with easier walking? 
Thanks in advance!

appleye

Re: Mille Lacs resort recommendation
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2020, 10:10 AM »
It looks like no one's posted here since 2017. Not sure a local will answer. I've stayed at Appledoors (https://appeldoorns.com/) on the east side of the lake. They used a pontoon for there charters then. About 4 years ago. Hope this helps. I's sure if you tell the guides your limitations they will be more that happy to accommodate.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.