FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quabbin  (Read 3157 times)

Flash_King

Quabbin
« on: Apr 23, 2004, 08:20 AM »
Believe that Quabbin opened last weekend. Anyone try their luck?

Anglerkev

Re: Quabbin
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2004, 08:45 PM »
Fished it 4/25/04.. Got there at about 8ish and launched the new boat... I, myself havent been on Quabbin with a boat yet so not knowing what to expect... Everything went good... Trolled the shoreline slow and Mom got a Lake Trout on the 10lb Vanish line with the 6" hook.  Fought like hell... but got him in.. A nice 26 " 4 1/2 lber.. 1st one we ever caught..  Then I hooked into a huge 3 1/2 lb smallmouth.... Then it slowed down for a bit.. but in the afternoon going along the shore Dad + Mom picked up another two bass... All close to 4lbs.. Never caught such bigg bass :o Everything seems to be supersized at Gate 8... I love it :P Pretty cold but overall a great 1st day on the water of Quabbin...
Kev

troutfinder22

• Catchin theese fish like its goin out of style
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 10:56 AM »
can u bring a boat to the Quabin??  Or do you have to rent one if so how much does it cost?

massfisher

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 07:45 PM »
you can bring a boat to the quabbin but is must have a 20hp motor or less 2 stroke or a 25hp or less 4 stroke motor on it that you have to use if you have other biggger motors all you have to do is take the prop off if them   you can also rent them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.