FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 150427 times)

iceman260

Re: The Little Wood Shop 2018
« Reply #300 on: Mar 24, 2018, 07:13 AM »
I just built my grandson a coffee table and two end tables for his new house. Here are pics before the finish went on.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #301 on: Mar 24, 2018, 07:18 AM »
Very nice iceman....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #302 on: Mar 24, 2018, 07:52 AM »
Here are some picture of the cradle so far.. got a question for those who may know this is there any paint that's babby safe??

Wow!!  Nice work.  Seems a shame to paint it.  Beautiful woodwork.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #303 on: Mar 24, 2018, 10:27 AM »
iceman260, very nice!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

boondox

« Reply #304 on: Mar 24, 2018, 11:02 AM »
Wow!!  Nice work.  Seems a shame to paint it.  Beautiful woodwork.

Sure does but the sister in law wanted it white to match the furniture in the room..  also as a side note we contacted rustolem and they contacted back..  stating their products were not tested to those standards..  so it was not recommend for use on small children's items..  were thinking latex paint or or a white wash??  But  still doing reasearch just got back from arm stongs lumber in white lake milford area on m59 picking up more red oak.. for the cradle red oak around here is cheap $4.15 a broad foot did not want to pay for mahogany $8.25 type woods a board foot  when it will be painted...

boondox

« Reply #305 on: Mar 24, 2018, 11:03 AM »
And thanks guys.. My dad says thanks for the kind words about how great the cradle looks..

iceman260

« Reply #306 on: Mar 24, 2018, 12:14 PM »
Boondox very nice cradle an heirloom to be passed down for generations.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #307 on: Mar 24, 2018, 04:13 PM »
check put Lullaby Paints Boon. Although I believe any 0 VOC latex paint would be fine. You can contact Valspar or Sherwin Williams support for more info as well.

Iceman. Beautiful work. Looks to be a nice shop you have there.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #308 on: Mar 25, 2018, 10:02 PM »
check put Lullaby Paints Boon. Although I believe any 0 VOC latex paint would be fine. You can contact Valspar or Sherwin Williams support for more info as well.

Iceman. Beautiful work. Looks to be a nice shop you have there.

Rg

Thank you sir..

earlyice

« Reply #309 on: Mar 26, 2018, 07:33 AM »
Can't for the life of me find a picture of it finished, but I used this http://www.sutherlandwelles.com/botanical.html on a toy box/bookshelf for my nephew. The finish is just beautiful...non-toxic, nice citrus smell to work with and really makes the grain really stand out and gives it depth. If you're looking for a slightly darker than natural finish, I would highly recommend it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #310 on: Mar 26, 2018, 06:40 PM »
Nice work there. Very pretty joinery.

Hickory?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

iceman260

« Reply #311 on: Mar 27, 2018, 07:23 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys. Earlyice nice work on the toy box bookshelf.

earlyice

« Reply #312 on: Mar 28, 2018, 08:07 AM »
Thanks guys. It's all oak with the lighter strips on the sides and front being pine. Found a "closer to finished" picture, but still can't find a finished one. Just realized you said the mom is requesting a white cradle. That's too bad, the wood looks really nice. The tung oil is food grade stuff, so no worries when the baby starts teething and chewing on the sides of that beautiful cradle!

Now it's time to start on this year's trophies for the Oneida Walleye opener. I usually use oak and some black walnut from an old yard tree I took down. Always fun to come up with new variations for them every year.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #313 on: Mar 31, 2018, 11:36 AM »
You guys sure have talent...
Thsts awesome......
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #314 on: Apr 02, 2018, 05:51 PM »
Got the trough planter started today.laid up the sides and cut up the material for the legs.

Good to be working in the outside shop again although, temps are gonna make it difficult for a little while.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.