FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hood's Fishin Adventures *(10/5 Duck Opener!!!!!)*  (Read 14430 times)

Hood

Hood's Fishin Adventures *(10/5 Duck Opener!!!!!)*
« on: Apr 07, 2005, 04:46 PM »
I havent caught anything worth posting yet this season so ill start it off with a Thresher I caught last July and one from 2003.

263 lbs, me and my father

321 Thresher June 2003

GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
Re: Hood's Fishin Adventures
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2005, 09:52 AM »
 :o :o :o SHARK! Sweet deal man!

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Pikeguy

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2005, 11:33 AM »
That things tail is awesome :D

Hood

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2005, 04:37 PM »
Finally got a salmon, a little guy but its a start of things to come.

Trophy Hunter639

Re: Hood's Fishin Adventures (Update 4/10)
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2005, 04:43 PM »
Sweet Threshers Hood!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just watched a big shark tourny on TV a couple of weeks ago you must have been tired after that!!! How long did they take to get in? Awesome pics Hood we sure don't have those in Manitoba!!!! :o

Hood

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2005, 05:22 PM »
Sweet Threshers Hood!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just watched a big shark tourny on TV a couple of weeks ago you must have been tired after that!!! How long did they take to get in? Awesome pics Hood we sure don't have those in Manitoba!!!! :o

Went balls to the wall on the 321 and had her in the boat in 27 minutes, would have been sooner but the dart pulled, got the bite at 3 in the afternoon and had to make the jetty by 5pm for the tourney weigh in, made it at 4:48.  I never cranked nonstop so hard in my life, couldnt move my arms for a couple days. The 263 bit at 10 am so we took our time and prolly had it in the boat in about 45 mins. You may not have Threshers in Manitoba but your freshwater fishing is better, I took a 21 day outward bound trip down the Bloodvein river and caught a fish on nearly every cast, it was awesome not knowing if it was a walleye, pike or cat. Instead of eating dehydrated food, noodles, and rice every night they were side dishes for fresh walleye and/or cats. Caught one walleye that had to be close to 30" and the trip leader lost a cat that had to be 20+ lbs....awesome place man, cant wait to get back there some day.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Nice shark! Do they make you release it or did you get to keep it? If you got to keep it, did it taste any good?

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2005, 06:20 PM »
 :o those are some monster sharks, WTG  :o
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2005, 06:41 PM »
Nice shark! Do they make you release it or did you get to keep it? If you got to keep it, did it taste any good?

The blood that is coming out of its mouth is no good and the shark likes to spit it out, and those are speed holes in its side!!   oh yeah it was delicious!!
I'll have a double Jack and Coke!!

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2005, 09:55 PM »
Hood that's awesome!!I would definatly like to go toe to toe with one of those someday!!!! 8) Your Bloodvein trip sounds like a blast 8) 8) If you like Manitoba cats check out some of my pics from last year.They look like a snack for your Threshers though ;D The big one would make a he*l of a mount :o BTW how did you make out in the tourney?

Hood

Re: Hood's Fishin Adventures (Update 4/13)
« Reply #10 on: Apr 13, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Took my buddy Mike to the pool full of browns where we caught and released 20 or so from 8-10" in about an hour. On the way home we stopped at another fishin hole where he landed a nice 15" Brown.  Caught most fish on a grey hare's ear and a couple on a prince nymph. Mike caught the 15" on a ghost. The fish would not take anything presented naturally but rather when we stripped as fast as we could the fish were fighting over the fly, kinda wierd.

Colorful little bugger

Me with a 10 incher

Mike's nice 15" Brown

CarogaKid

• If the fish aren't Biting....Grab another Beer!!
Re: Hood's Fishin Adventures (Update April 13th)
« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2005, 12:51 PM »
Nice trout, They have some beautifull colors.....Nice catch... :)

Hood

Re: Hood's Fishin Adventures (SALMON 4/14)
« Reply #12 on: Apr 14, 2005, 05:48 PM »
Fished for Salmon today, caught 2, missed one, and had a good sized fish follw my lure to the rod tip. Tried doin that musky figure-8 swirl thing when they follow it all the way but it was hopeless. Posted below is the larger of the 2 fish I caught, it is unique in that it was covered with red spots down its sides, never saw those colors on a Salmon before.

2 lb Salmon

Close up of the spots

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #13 on: Apr 14, 2005, 05:53 PM »
nice salmon, those are some CRAZY colors....weird! i have only ever seen red spots on landlocks during the peak of the spawn...betcha they fought hard!

BTW, that creek that you are catching those browns out of is worth a look for salmon in the fall   ;)  that was a nice 15" brown, from m@#$$%b park, right?

oh ya, for those salmon at the mouth, try some flies that are yellow.

Bartman44

« Reply #14 on: Apr 14, 2005, 07:21 PM »
nice salmon, those are some CRAZY colors....weird! i have only ever seen red spots on landlocks during the peak of the spawn...betcha they fought hard!

BTW, that creek that you are catching those browns out of is worth a look for salmon in the fall   ;)  that was a nice 15" brown, from m@#$$%b park, right?

oh ya, for those salmon, try some flies that are yellow.

Agreed. Unusual colors on that fish.

Nice jaws pictures too. I Haven't been out on the Gulf Stream in a while and that brings back some memories.

Thanks

B-man

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.