FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Is this normal weather for this time of year  (Read 1266 times)

charlys1954

Is this normal weather for this time of year
« on: Apr 26, 2019, 05:54 AM »
I've never went fishing before Mid May so I never really paid much attention to the weather in the past. I know it can be wet but seems like allot of April days have been cold, cloudy, very windy.

First time Crappie spawn fishing this year so I've read allot of post here and Crappie.com where it seems the cold rain has effected the spawn. I've only got out 3 times, all warm sunny days but have yet to catch the first Crappie.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

bigr

Re: Is this normal weather for this time of year
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2019, 08:41 AM »
The last few years it is I believe. Put my garden out first or second week of may last year and lost almost every plant after a couple hard frost/freezes. Won't make that mistake again. The spawn in the natural lakes I fish for the last two years and this being the third year for crappie aren't even close. For years I could count on the start being late march and peaking in mid april.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2019, 10:53 AM »
It seems we are in a trend of springs that don't want to warm up. Cold front after cold front. And our winters are milder at least at first.

Actually I never look forward to consistent nice weather until about the 15th of May.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

charlys1954

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2019, 04:21 PM »
The last few years it is I believe. Put my garden out first or second week of may last year and lost almost every plant after a couple hard frost/freezes. Won't make that mistake again. ........

When you retire you start doing needless things to stay busy. Last year I started keeping track of my garden stats on a spreadsheet, dates when seeds planted, when transplanting, fertilized, fungus spray, etc. I didn't keep track of temps but I always plant when the ground temp was around 60. I just looked when I transplanted and I put tomatoes and cucs in the ground 4-30. I never lost one from frost so you must be farther north than me.

With that said and along with the late shroom season it looks like we're way behind in warm temps. Which is also screwing up the crappie spawn from what I read.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

Mac Attack

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2019, 04:53 PM »
yes

kfishdoctor

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2019, 12:12 PM »
Got my sleds back out for the grandkids.  Its a white out here. Month  December, I mean May,  Time,  noon,   Temp  34    This makes a half of year of  crap weather and counting. 20 months till Im done working and then Im gone from this area.

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2019, 12:22 PM »
Got my sleds back out for the grandkids.  Its a white out here. Month  December, I mean May,  Time,  noon,   Temp  34    This makes a half of year of  crap weather and counting. 20 months till Im done working and then Im gone from this area.
I am with you there. I am thinking Tahoe, or Phoenix area. What are you thinking?

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2019, 12:29 PM »
Snow tonight! Yippee!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.