FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pink revolution  (Read 6971 times)

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
Pink revolution
« on: Feb 18, 2005, 10:17 PM »

This is a great salmon, dolly varden fly and really shines for steelhead.

Hook- Size 4,6,8 salmon hook
Tail- Pink marabou
Body- Hot pink polar Chennile
Head-Gold bead
Thread-Pink
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
Re: Pink revolution
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2005, 05:21 PM »
You got anything that will work for pink & chum salmon in rivers? Preferrably dry, topwater stuff?
I'm thinking of trying the Kitimat river in BC or the south coast, maybe the Mamquam river near Squamish. Maybe you're familiar with them? Never fly fished salmon before. Thanks
KRIS

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2005, 08:38 PM »
For topwater pink pollywogs are great for salmon. Pinks and chums will usually respond to subsurface flies, i would recommend montana bills, egg sucking leeches, bunny flies and battle creeks. I would also look at some fly books like flies of alaska which has salmon flies that work everywhere.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2005, 08:44 PM »
kodiac, got any recommendations for a pattern for spawning steelhead?

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2005, 10:28 PM »
Well a pink revolution works great for steelhead and so do any sort of egg or flesh pattern but i don't generally fish them when they are spawning because they are too easy to catch, don't fight very hard and are easily harmed because of all the weight they lose spawning.

PGKris

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2005, 01:07 PM »
kodiac, got any recommendations for a pattern for spawning steelhead?

Weighted single egg. I've never seen so many steelies hooked on a plain ole single egg. You might want to talk to wnyangler seeing as how he keeps posting pictures of monster steelies and he's in your part of the continent. Over here though your best bet is a single egg pattern.
KRIS

Sailing team

PGKris

« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2005, 01:10 PM »
For topwater pink pollywogs are great for salmon. Pinks and chums will usually respond to subsurface flies, i would recommend montana bills, egg sucking leeches, bunny flies and battle creeks. I would also look at some fly books like flies of alaska which has salmon flies that work everywhere.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking. They tell me that as long as its pink the pinks love it. I hear green and pink work best for chums. I know that  green and prurple jigs work best on chums if you're chucking gear.

Sailing team

PGKris

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2005, 01:12 PM »
Well a pink revolution works great for steelhead and so do any sort of egg or flesh pattern but i don't generally fish them when they are spawning because they are too easy to catch, don't fight very hard and are easily harmed because of all the weight they lose spawning.

Yeah I hear that. Down here we're only allowed to fish them in certain stretches of river where they're still fresh and nowhere near the spawning beds. Nothin like fresh silver! I'm more of a chinook man myself. Put some meat on the end of the rod!
KRIS

Sailing team

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.