FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: anyone try this?  (Read 4983 times)

ice-nut

anyone try this?
« on: May 27, 2014, 11:30 AM »
as anyone hooked the ice ducer on a vexilar to a board and used it on a boat? I am going to try it. I think it should work fine. better than paying 120.00 for a new transducer I have enough money in the unit already. just wondering if anyone has tried it and how it worked?

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Re: anyone try this?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 06:02 PM »
It will work the same, however I think some ice transducers have a narrower sonar cone than a regular bracket mount or shoot through hull transducer so it might be a little tougher to keep your jig in the cone under a boat that's moving around. Just check the specs for the one you have compared to the one they sell for boat use.

dsqui

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 06:47 PM »
i use mine all the time i have  the 3 way transducer.  i have an fl20.  it would be nice to have the bottom lock if you have it that is what that option is for so when the wavves hit the boat and you go up your screen stays the same instead of up down up down

NYSporty

« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2014, 09:40 AM »
I have a Elite4 with the ice ducer and I just lay it over the side of the boat and use my ice rod to keep the line going straight down next to the ducer it works great. If I use a normal size rod its hard to get the line close enough so my bait is in the cone I also anchor front and back to keep the boat from swinging all over.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2014, 01:29 PM »
I have a Elite4 with the ice ducer and I just lay it over the side of the boat and use my ice rod to keep the line going straight down next to the ducer it works great. If I use a normal size rod its hard to get the line close enough so my bait is in the cone I also anchor front and back to keep the boat from swinging all over.
THAT LOOKS LIKE A GREAT way to go, i have to try it
 ;D ;D ;D ;
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.