FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!  (Read 373614 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!
« Reply #225 on: Jan 12, 2020, 03:50 PM »
Lasagna,  salad and garlic bread tonight...

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #226 on: Jan 12, 2020, 04:58 PM »
Looks awesome Dom. My son and I sampled several beers and cooked Chinese this afternoon.

I've been obsessed with Asian food lately.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #227 on: Jan 12, 2020, 06:19 PM »
That's a nice " Nap" meal for sure,looks great!!

Mac Attack

« Reply #228 on: Jan 13, 2020, 02:47 PM »

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #229 on: Jan 13, 2020, 05:51 PM »
No Kraft Mac and Cheese?

Made another loaf of the good bread today. Used the "poor man's Dutch oven" method.

Perfect sandwich loaf of bread.

And...yes...those are double chocolate fudge brownies.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

oatkasut

« Reply #230 on: Jan 13, 2020, 09:29 PM »
Beats Girl Scout cookies!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #231 on: Jan 14, 2020, 03:52 PM »
Yes they do!
Day off today. Made ravilois.

Reduced some home made sauce...glass of Chianti......simply delicious. And .....enough for lunch tomorrow.

Life is most certainly good!

Rg

gotagetm

« Reply #232 on: Jan 14, 2020, 04:14 PM »
sounds like a line from
"Silence of the lambs"
haha couldnt resist

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #233 on: Jan 14, 2020, 04:29 PM »
No fava beans on my menus.

Rg

gotagetm

« Reply #234 on: Jan 15, 2020, 06:36 AM »
 :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #235 on: Jan 16, 2020, 07:11 AM »
Made crockpot ravioli lasagna for tonight's supper. It's a test run of dish I want to do for a potluck we're doing at work next week.

I'll review with pics this evening. Putting it together, I can't see how it could be bad.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #236 on: Jan 17, 2020, 05:14 PM »
Making cooking sauce. This is one of my favorites for any kind of pasta sauce. This sauce is a Marinara of sorts. Slow cooked and reduced to accommodate additional flavoring and elements. I use a 16quart stock pot and only cook on low to medium low heat.

First I caramelize a whole vidilia onion in a half cup of extra virgin olive oil. It takes 30-45 minutes.

The basic ingredients:
2 28oz cans of...tomato sauce, tomato purée, diced tomatoes, whole Roma tomatoes with juice and 2 large cans of tomato paste. Crush the whole tomatoes and remove any skins you might find. 2 green, and 1 each red, yellow and orange bell peppers chopped (small). Fresh garlic......lots of fresh garlic. I process mine in a small food processor with extra virgin olive oil. Did I say lots of garlic?

After the onions are caramelized, add in the  chopped peppers.

Add the seasonings: sea salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley, oregano, Basil and thyme. I use mostly what I've grown and saved from last summer. Black opal Basil ( flowers) , Greek Oregano, Curley Italian Parsley.....it makes a difference.

My own garlic too. Hard to believe I harvested this at the end of last June.

Anyway, simmer...simmer....simmer until it's reduced by 20% or so. Taste...adjust....add....make it your own. Remember that this is a cooking sauce and you'll  be tossing it in a sauté pan to flavor for the dish at hand.

Once it's finished I put it up in dinner sized servings. I freeze mine...it's just easier than any other storage method I've tried.

Enjoy.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #237 on: Jan 17, 2020, 05:20 PM »
Forgot about the crockpot ravioli.....probably because it's pretty forgettable. Ok..but not something I'd make again.

I'll be doing a ravioli lasagna in half pans for the potluck. Didn't like the depth of the crockpot and trying to get the raviolis on the plate without destroying them. I'll do one meatless and one meat.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #238 on: Jan 17, 2020, 06:52 PM »

Forgot about the crockpot ravioli.....probably because it's pretty forgettable. Ok..but not something I'd make again.

Rg

mushy pasta?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #239 on: Jan 18, 2020, 04:00 AM »
Not really mushy. More dried out and stuck together I'd say. Just hard to dish up without destroying the raviolis. Also, I should have layered in Ricotta or Ricotta/cottage cheese mixture.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.