FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 99849 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #405 on: Nov 11, 2020, 09:00 AM »
Ya it's already a challenge enough to just fish at night so I'm pulling on those who have more experience.  Its a trip Z.  Empty river and bigger browns. 

I didn't go last night.  Got lazy after work.  Tonight looks real good with the cloud cover.

lowaccord66

« Reply #406 on: Nov 13, 2020, 07:42 PM »
Fished yesterday 9am to 5pm.  It was a hustle.  Some recently stocked bows (easy targets) and one decent brown in the morning.  Then I covered a ton of water for only a couple small wild browns.  Wrapped up throwing streamers and didn't get a tap.  Good day off from work. 

zwiggles

« Reply #407 on: Nov 14, 2020, 03:59 AM »
Fished yesterday 9am to 5pm.  It was a hustle.  Some recently stocked bows (easy targets) and one decent brown in the morning.  Then I covered a ton of water for only a couple small wild browns.  Wrapped up throwing streamers and didn't get a tap.  Good day off from work.

Very nice! A day like that does the souls good. If I get a Bambi soon we should link up before it locks.

bogtrotter

« Reply #408 on: Nov 14, 2020, 06:30 AM »
Very nice! A day like that does the souls good.

X2

lowaccord66

« Reply #409 on: Nov 14, 2020, 12:07 PM »
Very nice! A day like that does the souls good. If I get a Bambi soon we should link up before it locks.

The farmington never locks up my man so let's make something happen whenever you are ready.  I'll be there all day tomorrow. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #410 on: Nov 16, 2020, 11:39 AM »
Long day yesterday.  Started at 9 and proceeded to put a hurting to the rainbows on both the fly rod and for the first time in a long time with the spinning rod as well.  The action in the first spot lasted for a few hours.  I stopped counting after the 10th stocked bow.  The rest of the day was slower but we were picking fish here and there.  I was switching back and forth from streamer fishing and euro most of the day.  I think we landed over 30 all together but nothing huge.  No large browns either but did land a number of smaller wild browns.  Rain held out all day too!

Most of the bows looked like this:

bogtrotter

« Reply #411 on: Nov 16, 2020, 12:33 PM »
Wow, you did well for this time of year! 

You were lucky about the rain holding off too - - although (assuming conditions were the same as in my neck of the woods) the weather was foul enough even without any rain.

westernmas

« Reply #412 on: Nov 16, 2020, 12:47 PM »
Great job Jon!  The Westfield branches have been fishing well with the recent rain.  I got 3 rainbows Thursday and picked up another two on Saturday.  Place was mobbed with hikers saturday but one of the gates is open so after a bumpy ride I was able to get away from the crowds and more importantly find the fish.  Jon the pocket water in the gorge is a euro nymphers dream when the water is up a little.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #413 on: Nov 16, 2020, 02:12 PM »
Lets go Pat

lowaccord66

« Reply #414 on: Nov 16, 2020, 06:54 PM »
Wow, you did well for this time of year! 

You were lucky about the rain holding off too - - although (assuming conditions were the same as in my neck of the woods) the weather was foul enough even without any rain.

They stocked the upper section of the farmington from the dam 2 miles down to Riverton.  They do it annually and every year we take a couple hours to educate the newbies. 

Weather wise it was raw, but I haven't had to break out the wax to keep ice of the guides yet! 

westernmas

« Reply #415 on: Nov 23, 2020, 09:03 AM »
I got out for about two hours yesterday evening. Got to the chesterfield gorge by about two. I skipped my usual spots and drove further into the gorge to get away from the hikers and one guy that was in my favorite spot. It took me a little longer to find the fish but I got a smaller bow about 12 inches at the head of the first big pool. I drove down another quarter mile to a spot I haven’t fished in some time. I was able to pull out 3 more bows in the 12-15 inch range. Fun couple hours, got my dog out for some exercise and shook off the sadness of losing a solid pike at the net the day prior.

Instagram @Patsquatch413

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #416 on: Nov 23, 2020, 01:22 PM »
hey I finally get to add something to this thread. got a nice tiger and a couple bows on Saturday. tiger hit an orange with green estaz mop fly i found on the ground. bows were caught on a 14 pheasant tail.

lowaccord66

« Reply #417 on: Nov 23, 2020, 02:07 PM »
Nice report fellas.  Pat we will need pike redemption soon!

westernmas

« Reply #418 on: Nov 23, 2020, 02:32 PM »
hey I finally get to add something to this thread. got a nice tiger and a couple bows on Saturday. tiger hit an orange with green estaz mop fly i found on the ground. bows were caught on a 14 pheasant tail.

Nice!  Love those tigers.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bogtrotter

« Reply #419 on: Nov 23, 2020, 05:15 PM »
Nice job, Pat and Salmon&Striper Stalker (sorry, I've forgotten your real name)!

You both caught a nice bunch of fish.  Particularly that tiger trout - - I too love landing those things.

I had to content myself with a couple mid-sized brown and a few tiny brookies (microfishing at its best) this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.