FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: X Rap  (Read 6574 times)

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Re: X Rap
« Reply #45 on: Jul 01, 2005, 10:50 PM »
Fished the XRap today for the first time.  I guess you guys sold me on picking up a couple 6 dollar plug at wally world.  WOW!!!!  Weather was a little less than average.  Winds, cold, rain etc... made for interesting testing.  I placed a white mirrored Xrap on my leader, and never took it off all day.  I had nominal sized fish from hammerhandles to 8 lb. fish smack this lure with abandon.  Casting the shores from the boat, I noticed the fish would follow up on a straight retrieve, but when it stopped and rolled, they hammered it!!!  Twitch-rest-twitch-rest-POW!  Good stuff!  I have fished the shad raps, original raps, fat raps, etc... but after one day on the water with this new bait, I'm hooked.  I did however have an extremely large pike of 20 plus pounds follow the bait in without a second look. :'(  Oh well!  I would compare this to a really well structured jerk bait used in salt water situations.  Hey I would like to thank you guys for turning me on to such a great bait. ;D -Barleydog

LoneStar

Re: X Rap
« Reply #46 on: Jul 02, 2005, 10:44 PM »
Stopped at Gander Mountain tonight and fishing tackle 25% off, picked up a replacement for 1 of my x-raps, got to the counter and the girl ringing it up says 1.56, I says excuse me and she says it again, then I asked her the price of it and finally she spits out the "You saved 1.56" after the price! I told her she was close to making me get those last couple dollars out of my pocket and get me in trouble for gone over my budget again!  Of course I had already done that with the other necessities I bought, the things my wife calls junk!

Don't matter how good you are, you won't get'em all!  Don't matter how bad you are, you'll still get some!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.