Fishing Media > Monster Fish Pics

Fish of Lifetime

(1/5) > >>

33Canuck:
We have been doing alot of fishing this summer and it has been nothing short of steller.  W have boated alot of lakers and salmon up to 30+lbs but yesterday at 8:30 when the rigger fired and I grabbed the rod I had no idea I had a fish of a lifetime on the other end.  It literally was like I had the bottom hooked and after pulling all the gear and working the boat in and out of neutral for 15-20 minutes the beast surface and when we saw him parallel the boat at 30 yards and there was 24" between his dorsal and tail we knew we had a giant, as Capt'n Brian worked the throttle my good buddy Keith slid the net under the beast and pulled him over the deck and there was some serious man hugging and shouting going on as we knew we had a special fish on the deck. We rushed to get everything buttoned up and made a dash for the port and headed to Oak Orchard to Narby's and get the beast on the official derby scales and it did not dissapoint, she tipped the scales at 34lbs 6oz. putting me in the grand prize position in the Orleans County Derby (which it won $) and also on top of the LOC derby sitting in the $20K position, if it holds till Sept 3rd.  Still on cloud 9 catching the Boone and Crockett of lakers.

Tight lines gang!

The big guy

pic of the 4 fish we won the Orleans Derby with! My 34lb 6oz laker, Brian with his 30lb 13oz. King and 19lb 3oz laker and Keith with his 23lb 8oz laker

and a little Brown sugar :o

link to the LOC video
http://www.loc.org/

NH Trout Fisherman:
CONGRATULATIONS Canuck! AWESOME FISH!   :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

Hope it holds till the 3rd for ya. No Doubt its a Solid fish,  so one would think you'd be in pretty good shape!

GREAT JOB!  ;)

Huntny30:
Great stuff 33C...!  Never seen alaker close to that in my life...what an awesome thing for you...I'm sure your success will roll over into the hunting season...I look forward to seeing the trophy bucks you bring every year!   Congrats!

Raquettedacker:
Great fish buddy...  Congratulations...

waterwolf603:
thats awesome guys great fish! hopefully it holds for ya so you can take some of that cash and put it towards the taxidermist bill haha.. That thing is a beast

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version