FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Devcon Epoxy  (Read 2352 times)

OTIS

Devcon Epoxy
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:16 AM »
I just started playing around with using Devcon epoxy on my jigs.  I purchased their two ton five minute waterproof epoxy.  I was wondering if there was a way to thin this it out without negatively affecting the epoxy?  I have some larger projects that I would like to use it as a top coat for, should I look into the longer drying epoxy for this?  I'm not sure I could get a good even coat on before the drying started.  I was able to do 14 jigs before it hardened, but the finish did look good.

Any tips and tricks for using epoxy would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Otis
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Devcon Epoxy
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 09:02 AM »
Otis
 From what I have read about useing the Devcon epoxie I think  most guys use the 10 min dry time. this alows it  to flow a little better although most guys use a drying motor too to keep the lure rotateing for a even finish. Not too sure about thinning it if it would have a adverse effect on the cure. When you are this far along with lures you hate to have to start over.
Did you put the plug in the boat?

OTIS

Re: Devcon Epoxy
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 07:00 AM »
Thanks Coldfeet.  I've learned from your advice that I have to experiment to get the results that I'm looking for.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.